Baby on Board!

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

21 Months!

Hi Family and Friends!

How has it already been a month since my last update? My oh my, how time is flying! I've pretty much spent the last month outside playing in the sunshine. Mommy and I love going to the park and going on walks in the morning before it gets too hot. I don't have too much new stuff to update you on, but let me tell you about my life as a 21-month old:
  • I love airplanes. I hear them all the time and always point to the sky looking for them. Mommy and daddy said they will take me to the airport sometime soon so I can see a bunch of planes all in one place.
  • I'm also really into big buses, trucks, and especially lawnmowers. I hear or see them every day and get very, very excited!
  • I've made big strides at the playground in the last month. I used to not be interested in the playground equipment at all. I more so prefer to play in the dirt and look for sticks. While that is still mostly the case, I have discovered this colorful plastic thing called a slide. It is slippery and fun to go down. My favorite slide is the one at Bryan Park. This past weekend, I even went down the slide head first!! It's so much fun to feel the wind (aka static) in my hair!
  • My daddy has quite the green thumb and I want to be just like him. We went to the nursery last weekend and I helped daddy pick out all our flowers for this year. I helped push the wagon too. I even have my own watering can that I use to help daddy water the flowers.
  • I had to make a quick appearance at the doctor this month and my official stats are: 21 lbs. and 33" tall!
  • I had my first major boo-boo this month. You can read about it here. Mommy and daddy were giving me extra love that day and gave me some Puffs. Instead of picking them out one-by-one, I thought it would be easier to dump the whole can out on the floor! That way it's easier to stuff them all in my mouth at once!

     
  • Now that it's getting warmer out, I've started to eat fruit again. I started eating grapes for the first time this month. I'm also on a big strawberry and cantaloupe kick.
  • I am slowly starting to say the first syllables of certain words. For example, when mommy and daddy ask for me to say "choo-choo," I can say "cha." Or when mommy says "bye-bye," I say "bah." I'll get the hang of this talking thing at some point - there are so many words to learn!

  • I celebrated Mother's Day and my cousin Kaleb's first birthday this month!
By the time my next monthly update rolls around, I could be a BIG BROTHER!!! I like to hang out in my baby sister's room. When mommy asks me where baby sister is going to sleep, I point to her crib. I also know where her diapers are going to be so I can help mommy and daddy when changing her. My favorite thing is the swing that plays music. I used to be in that swing all the time. I can press the buttons and play music for baby sister because it's soothing. I'm excited for her to get here.



That's all I got folks! Thanks for checking out my blog and hope you will continue to check back in for updates on mommy's final weeks being pregnant and updates on me being CUTE!


No comments:

Post a Comment