Baby on Board!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My First Major Boo-Boo!

Many people are surprised it took me this long, but I had my first major fall and injury last week at the library. Mommy and I went to the library to play in the children's section. They have so many books and toys to play with and we thought it would be a great way to spend a rainy day. Mommy was trying to get me to read books, but the heck with that...I have books at home! I wanted to play with all the cool toys! This is me playing at the big train table...

Next to the train table, they had this neat wooden pyramid with activities on each side of it so I could walk around and play with the different wheels, balls, and pegs. It looks like this...

I was having such a fun time playing. Until I tripped over my feet, fell face-first into the wooden pyramid, and saw blood. Mommy came rushing over and scooped me up in her arms. We went straight to the bathroom where she applied a wet paper towel to my lip which was busted and bleeding. The nice librarian went and got some ice. I only cried for about 45 seconds. Mommy, on the other hand, cried for about five minutes and was worried sick about me. She kept trying to apply the ice to my lip, but all I wanted to do was get down and play! We cut our play time short and headed home where mommy gave me a popsicle. I could tell mommy was worried, but I was fine - I was such a happy boy and acted as if nothing ever happened. When I woke up from my nap, my lip looked way worse. It was all different colors...white, black, red, and purple. My lip was so big and felt funny in my mouth. I kept licking it and drooling because I couldn't really keep my mouth closed. I also had a bruise on my forehead, a small mark on my nose, and a red streak on my chin. If you look closely in this picture, you can see all the boo-boos are in a straight line...my entire face must've slid down the side of the pyramid!

My lip didn't hurt though. I ate a yummy dinner that night, drank my bottle just fine, and even let daddy brush my teeth. My first injury was way harder on mommy than me. She kept telling me how brave and proud of me she was. She knows I'm a boy and this will happen plenty more in my life. Hopefully I'll handle all of my injuries like this one...like a champ!

No comments:

Post a Comment