I turned seven months old over the weekend! I've been so busy lately - I took a trip to Tennessee to visit some friends - and I got to see Pa and Gigi too! Then, last weekend we celebrated Mommy's 30th birthday! I had my very first slumber party at Ginka and Papaw's house and I was quite the houseguest. I was all smiles and loved the extra attention I was getting from Uncle Jeffrey, Aunt Kristen, and cousin Jayden! I want to tell you about some of the fun things I'm doing as a seven-month old:
- I've gotten really good at sitting up by myself. I still tumble over sometimes, but I've realized I need to put my arms down to catch my weight.
- I have a new big boy bath tub! It's a big yellow inflatable duck that fits inside the real tub. It's just the perfect size for me to sit up and splash around. I love bath time!
- I love to reach for anything and everything in sight...especially at the dinner table! When I sit in my activity seat on the table, I want to reach for mommy's water bottle, the ketchup bottle, whatever is in my line of sight!
- I still love to blow raspberries and stick my tongue out - a lot of times when I smile, my tongue just slips out! =)
- Have you noticed how much hair I have?? It keeps growing and growing! Everyone comments on how much hair I have - my daddy says to enjoy it now because come his age, it'll be gone - those darn Graebe genes!
- I love...my hands!! Yep, you guessed it - no surprise here. They are still the coolest thing around.
- I sleep 11 1/2-12 hours a night and take two two-hour naps throughout the day. I love sleep!
- I love to shake my head "no" - and not because I understand what the word "no" means, but because it's one of my ways of interacting with others. It's the cutest thing. I'll shake my head "no" and just smile when people mimic me. Mommy and daddy shake their head "yes" in response because they don't want me to learn the word "no" quite yet!
- Being at the age where I can eat big boy food is so much fun! Mommy mixes different foods together and I love the taste. Soon, I hope to start picking up small pieces of food and putting them in my mouth (right now, I just drop the food in my lap)!
Mommy tells me I will enjoy Spring when it finally comes. I can't wait to feel the sunshine and be outside where I can see birds and look at trees. I hope everyone is doing well and I will send another update next month!