Baby on Board!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

8 1/2 Months!

Five more weeks! I just got done reading my blog post when I had five weeks left with Ethan...sounds pretty familiar as I was talking about how the baby's movements are so much more intense and sleep is a thing of the past! I don't think there's enough room in our queen size bed for me, Eric, and all my pillows =) Here is a quick 34 week update:

How Far Along: 34 weeks!

Size of Baby: baby should weigh around 4.75-5 pounds and is almost 18 inches long - about the size of a cantaloupe (which we've been eating a lot of lately)!

Development: Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well.

How I'm Feeling: Well according to the baby websites, the fatigue should be setting in right about now. I was just telling people over the weekend that I feel like a million bucks - feel like my energy level is eerily high for being this pregnant. And then Monday came. I feel like all of a sudden I am carrying around 90 extra pounds of weight and the contractions/spasms seem to be continuing almost every day. Ethan and I have been able to get a two-mile walk in every day this week which is great, but there have been times throughout this week where my energy is completely zapped. And I hate that feeling! Because I'm not getting replenished at night with sleep so I just feel like I'm running on empty some days. I did start packing a hospital bag this week...you just never know! =) Considering Ethan was early and my water broke at night, I pretty much go to bed every night thinking "tonight's the night"! Haha.

Cravings/Aversions: Orange juice and grapes are must haves right now. Oh, and I randomly "treated" myself to two things very out of the ordinary for me...one day I got a small order of french fries at McDonald's and today I got a mocha cookie crumble frappuccino from Starbucks...because why not?!

What I Miss: Being able to breathe without feeling like I need an oxygen tank at all times; putting socks and tennis shoes on comfortably; sleeping longer than 45 minutes at a time =)))

34 Weeks w/Ethan and Baby #2 - can you tell we got a new camera?!
 

1 comment:

  1. Jamie I just spent the last 45 minutes reading all the latest posts! SO sweet, I love it! I can't wait to meet the baby girl :) Give Ethan a big hug from me, I miss that little guy. Talk to you all soon!

    <3 Shelby

    ReplyDelete