Baby on Board!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

8 Months!

8 months!
Hit the eight month mark last week with baby girl and the official countdown is on - seven more weeks to go! We are excited to have an ultrasound on Thursday to see how she's doing. I am measuring small (which is fine), but because Ethan was early and so small they want to go ahead and check her weight now. Maybe...just maybe the third time will be a charm and she'll be awake and we can get a cute picture!! Here's a quick update:

How Far Along: 32 1/2 weeks!

Size of Baby: baby weighs approximately 3 3/4 pounds (about the size of a squash) and is about 16.7 inches long.

Development: You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

How I'm Feeling: This past week I felt amazing - I went on a 2-2.5 mile walk every single day! This warm weather is such motivation! During the days I usually feel really good, but it's early evening/nighttime when I really start to slow down and hit the wall. My back definitely starts to tighten up and get sore around dinner time - all the playing and picking up Ethan catches up with me! After Ethan goes to bed you can find me on the couch for the rest of the night. The last couple weeks I've noticed some acid reflux problems which is normal for the third trimester. I went back and read the blog when I was 30 weeks with Ethan and that's right when I went on medicine for reflux. It normally doesn't hit me until after 11pm and I just get a huge wave of nausea. It's caused me to throw up a couple times, but I picked up some over-the-counter medicine and try to take a pill if I notice I'm starting to feel queasy. Did some more decorating in the nursery this past week and it feels like it's finally start to take shape. Our "to buy" list is getting shorter and shorter which means the time is getting closer!

Cravings/Aversions: Grapes and all the normal stuff I've been eating throughout the pregnancy.

I will try and update the blog by week's end after our ultrasound on Thursday...make sure to check back!
32 Weeks with Ethan & Baby #2!

Two weeks apart (30 wks. on left, 32 on right), but same dress! =)

1 comment:

  1. You definitely glow with maternal love and beauty with that baby bump. Congratulations on your pregnancy, by the way. From what I can see, you're doing a great job in taking care of yourself, even with the food you eat. I'm sure there are a lot of expecting mommy bloggers/readers out there that could learn a thing or two from your pregnancy journey. Good luck and best wishes!

    Elli Degennaro @ Centennial ObGyn

    ReplyDelete