|Hi. It's me. Ethan.|
- I must be a really good boy because mommy and daddy let me have ice cream on two different occasions in the last month!! My cake on my first birthday is the only other treat I've had so this was double the yumminess. First, we celebrated mommy's birthday last month and the restaurant brought her a big bowl of brownies, ice cream, and hot fudge. I just dove right in with my big spoon and gobbled up all the hot fudge. It was so sticky and I had it all over my clothes, but I didn't mind (and neither did my parents)! My second treat came when me, mommy, and daddy went to the Chocolate Moose. That's an ice cream place here in Bloomington. We were celebrating daddy's last day of work at his old job. He let me lick off his chocolate ice cream cone.
My first ice cream cone!
Don't mind if I do!
- I am becoming quite the helper around the house. Most of you know I love to clean. Not only do I love to clean, but I love cleaning supplies like brooms, mops, and vacuums. You can only imagine how much I was in heaven when I saw this at a restaurant...
WHOA. Who doesn't clean with bunny ears?
- I have learned what "hot" means. I know that candles are hot, a fireplace is hot, and so is the oven and iron. When I see something that is hot, I wave my hand in front of it and say "AHH" (which means hot, but I can't talk yet). Sometimes I know my food is hot so I blow on it to cool it down.
Just sittin in the sink. Brushing my teeth.
- Mommy and daddy are very proud of me because I finally started using my sign language. They've been trying since I was a baby, but I just decided to start signing "more" when I want more food. I have also learned the sign for please. I usually pat the couch and then rub my chest which means I'm trying to tell my parents I want up on the couch please.
Picking dandelions for mommy.
- I take a 90-minute nap in the morning and a 90-minute/2-hour nap in the afternoon.
- I still like to eat blueberry waffles, toast with raspberry jam, deli meat and hummus, cottage cheese, pasta and/or chicken with red spaghetti sauce, and cheerios. I actually started eating my cereal in a bowl with a spoon! I eat it like mommy and daddy do now!
I'm so big now!
- I have become quite attached to the little doggy that sleeps in my crib with me. It's called a "lovey" - an item that babies/toddlers can become attached to that brings comfort. The doggy has been in my crib since I was born, but I never paid attention to it. Now, I cuddle with it every time I lay down and like to hold it while I sleep. When I wake up, I like to hug the doggy.
- I like airplanes. Although I've only seen one in my entire life. I hear them a lot at my house and I get excited.
Practicing my words with daddy...I like to dress like him.
- Something I don't really like? Wind and rain. The wind makes funny noises sometimes when I'm in my house. It makes me scared so I crawl up in mommy or daddy's arms. I really don't like being in the car when it's raining. Maybe because I start having flashbacks of when mommy took me through the carwash and I was scarred for life.
- This is my whole family. Mommy and daddy put pictures of everyone on the back of my door so I could look at them every day. I have a big family. Just within my immediate family I have 30 people to remember! I do such a good job remembering everyone's names...mommy and daddy quiz me and I point to their face. It makes me happy to see my family.
I love my big family!
- My parents keep telling me about this baby sister I'm going to have in a couple months. I still like to lift up mommy's shirt and poke her belly button. I do lay my head on her belly sometimes and that makes mommy happy. I have become very protective of mommy at her doctor's appointments. I don't like when they take her blood pressure and I really don't like when she gets up on the table and they listen for baby sister's heartbeat. This past week, the doctor let me sit up on the table with mommy. Then we listened to the loud heartbeat in mommy's belly. Mommy's belly is getting big.