Thursday was a big day for Ethan...we got to meet his teacher at preschool! It was really nice for Ethan to be able to see his classroom and play with the toys while we met with Ms. Kate.
Eric went back to work on Monday and I officially became a stay at home mom of THREE!! Not only that, but Ethan started PRESCHOOL! Heading into the week, my only "goal" was to get him to and from school Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. That first morning I was running on nothing but pure adrenaline. Ginka was gracious enough to offer to come with so she could stay in the car with Emerson and Carolina while I walked Ethan in. I thought I would be a sobbing mess, but he walked right into his classroom, took a picture with me, and was like, "okay mom! See you soon!" My big boy!! He did awesome the rest of the week and I'm so excited for all the fun he's going to have this year!
Tuesday I decided to be really brave and make my first grocery run with all three munchkins. I only needed a couple things for Ethan's birthday snack for preschool the next day. I was so nervous the entire time, but everything went nice and smooth and I was exhausted afterwards! I was still moving a little slow at this point so even quick errands were enough to wear me out.
Wednesday was Ethan's birthday (which I'll write a separate post about), Thursday was a low key day around the house, and Friday we had Carolina's two week check up. She is above her birth weight at two weeks (weighs 6 lbs. 8 oz.), but we are going in for a weight check in two weeks just to make sure she's still gaining at the rate she should. She's just a tiny little peanut!!
I've been making notes on my phone throughout the last two weeks because I knew I wouldn't be able to sit down and remember cute moments, funny things the kids have done, etc. Here are some highlights:
- When we got home from the hospital Monday afternoon, Eric took Carolina out of the car seat and gave her an official tour of the house and was telling her about each room and what's in it :)
- Ethan knew the stairs were going to be hard for me the first week or so. He decided to show me how I could get up the stairs...he got on his belly and did an army crawl up each stair. "See Mom, you can do this."
- Life with littles...there is always someone in the bathroom with me. The first time Emerson saw my bandages over my c section scar, she got really sad, head down, walked over to my side, and patted my arm and whispered, "it's okay, it's okay, it's okay." Love her previous heart!!! I explained to her that mommy was getting better, but she continues to do it each time she sees my scar.
- Ethan said Carolina sounded like a dinosaur when she cries :)
- Emerson loves when she hears Carolina crying and she'll shout, "baby's AWAKE!!"
- Carolina looks exactly like Ethan did when he was a baby. Identical. Same dark hair and everything. I think it also helps that they are both skinny mini's! But then I took a picture of Carolina last week and it immediately made me think of this picture of Emerson:
Carolina on left; Emerson on right
- By the grace of God, Carolina's longest nap falls during Ethan and Emersons nap too. Which means mommy gets to sleep as well!!
- Carolina is following in the footsteps of her big brother and sister in the sleep department. She is allowing us so much sleep at night...so thankful! She's been waking up only once on the majority of nights, usually around the 3-3:30am mark. I've been able to put her down about 10:30-11:00pm so she's easily giving us a solid 4-5 hour stretch.
- She likes being swaddled and cuddled close under your neck or on your chest. She also likes her paci. She hates diaper changes with a passion.
- Carolina has a birthmark on the left cheek of her little tush =)