Baby on Board!

Friday, May 16, 2014

33 Week Ultrasound

We had a great appointment yesterday with Dr. Stowell - even he can't believe how close we're getting! Because I was measuring small, they wanted to do an ultrasound to check the baby's weight. While the weight is never 100% accurate using this method, they currently have her at 4 lbs. 10 oz. (plus or minus 11 oz.) which puts her in the 40th percentile. When we did a final ultrasound with Ethan, they were off about two pounds from his actual birth weight (a week later) and I just had a friend who was told to expect a 9 lb. baby and she came out 6 1/2 so you never really know. But, all that matters is she looks good and is measuring normal and healthy so we were very happy. I tried to label the ultrasound picture (nose, upper lip, chin) because if you don't know what you're looking at it can be hard to make out baby's profile! She has her little mouth open too and we could see her swallowing during the ultrasound.

Earlier in the week, I started having early or "false" labor pains - basically irregular contractions or cramping in my groin area and back. These are completely normal and can often happen more with the second baby since your body isn't the same after already having your first child =) Since I already had an appointment scheduled for this week they encouraged me to just keep an eye on them and we would check to see how they were doing by Thursday. Dr. Stowell went ahead and checked me and confirmed my body is doing exactly what it should be doing - absolutely nothing! The cramping can often signal your body starting to efface and dilate and I was very relieved when he said everything's fine. We would prefer if baby girl would stay in just a little bit longer!!

My next appointment is in two weeks and then the weekly checkups start! We are getting so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment