Baby on Board!

Monday, March 3, 2014

Baby #2 Update!

22 Weeks!
We've got a really exciting week coming up with Ethan's 18-month appointment on Wednesday and a monthly checkup (with ultrasound!) for baby girl on Thursday. I can't wait to see her again because this could be the last time before she's actually born! I'm also hoping to get some better ultrasound pictures =) I'll have to make sure I eat a little sugar before I go so she's nice and active! I have been in total nesting mode this past week. I have a list of things that I want done or need to buy and I want them done...NOW!  We are turning our guest bedroom into baby #2's room. The closet in the guest bedroom has pretty much served as extra storage for the last year that we've been in our house. My sole mission was to find a new 'home' for everything in that closet and you better believe I did! What a relief to have it empty...now it's time to fill it up with baby clothes! I made a trip to Hobby Lobby on Saturday and purchased the nursery decorations that I've been eyeing for some time. Even better is the fact that it was all 50% off!

Color scheme: teal, gray, yellow, and salmon
Saturday night, I went to Walmart to use a gift card I had and came out with a couple necessities and a few fun things for this sweet little girl. I was literally walking through the racks of clothes just laughing - still can't believe I'm buying for a girl!! Frills, polka dots, pastels, dresses, headbands, oh my! I walked away with three cute outfits...and no, they are not all pink! It's always a great feeling spending free money! The crib was ordered last week and should be here by the middle of March so that's when we will really start to assemble the room and start decorating. I will update the blog after our appointments this weekend...until then, here's a quick pregnancy update with baby #2!

How Far Along: 22 1/2 weeks!

Size of Baby: roughly 11 inches long and just over a pound - about the size of a large mango.

Development: Baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are all becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as the hair dryer or the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb. You might also start seeing her squirm beneath your clothes!

How I'm Feeling: Last week was the first week I really started to feel "pregnant." I could tell my belly was growing and getting tighter and just felt a little more uncomfortable than usual. I can't get over the fact that I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant! I feel good and am enjoying this time very much!

Cravings/Aversions: Smoothies. All I want is a fresh, healthy smoothie. And I feel like there is no where in town that makes one (that isn't loaded with sugar like from McDonald's, Dairy Queen, etc.). Staying on the sweet tooth, I definitely went to Walmart on Saturday night and purchased (along with other things) a gallon of peanut butter/chocolate brownie ice cream. Like whoa.

Boy or Girl: All girl! And boy is she active!! She keeps me on my toes and I can feel her probably 75% of the day. I laugh thinking about what it's going to feel like when I'm really pregnant - she already gives me some good jabs out of no where!

No comments:

Post a Comment