Baby on Board!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

19 Months Old!

Hi Family and Friends!

Just me and my rolling pin. No big deal.
It's amazing how much new stuff I learn every month! I'm becoming more independent with each passing month and want to tell you what I've been up to lately:
  • I am really good at putting my shoes on and taking them off. Mommy puts my shoes on and I pull the velcro strap over. When I get home, the first thing I do is sit down and pull the velcro strap off. Then, I pick up both my shoes and take them to my room and put them in the basket. This makes me feel like a very big boy. 
  • I am officially using the sign for "more" during my mealtimes now. Mommy and daddy have been trying to teach me sign language since I first started eating table food. It finally clicked with me and now when I like something I'm eating, I  sign "more" and they give me more food! Mommy is hoping to teach me "please" and "thank you" because she says manners are important.
  • Speaking of eating, isn't it funny how you go through phases liking certain foods? Right now, I want nothing to do with fruit. I used to love strawberries and blueberries and now I won't touch them. I used to eat at least half a banana a day...now I'm lucky to get a bite in. Some days I like ham. Some days I don't. Here are a couple things I always seem to eat: pancakes, macaroni noodles with spaghetti sauce, cheerios, and saltine crackers. But, don't worry - mommy always makes sure she offers me a well-rounded meal at each sitting =) 
  • I love to brush my teeth. Every night when mommy and daddy say it's time to brush teeth, I smile really big (to show my teeth) and walk to the bathroom. They pull out my stool and I climb up all by myself! Daddy is really good at brushing my teeth. He does it first and then lets me hold the brush. When I'm done I put the brush under the water to clean it off, put it in the drawer, and close the drawer shut. 
  • I have successfully learned how to get off the couch by myself. I roll onto my belly, throw my legs over the edge, and then slowly lower myself down.
    Just laying on a hard book playing with my piano.
  • I am becoming quite the big helper around the house. I love to clean. I've been cleaning for awhile - usually by taking a towel or napkin and wiping everything down. I wipe down the fridge, my toys, the coffee table, anything I can get my hands on. Now that I'm walking, I really like to use the broom. I get really excited when I see a broom or vacuum in public or at other people's houses.
  • I'm not talking yet, but guess what word I've learned? N-O. My version of this word is "no, no, no, no, no." Usually five times in a row. Sometimes I think I say it not really knowing why I'm saying it. Other times, I definitely know why I'm saying it! Sometimes I say it to Max like when he's doing something he shouldn't be. 
  • I'm still taking two naps a day and going to bed at 7:30pm every night. What can I say...I love my sleep!
  • One of my favorite things is my book called "1000 Words." It's basically a picture book broken up in different categories (animals, food, transportation, etc). Every day I sit and point to pictures and mommy and daddy repeat the word to me. They like to quiz me and ask questions like, "where is the helicopter?" and then I'll point to the right answer. I surprise my parents all the time with how much I know. They tell me how smart I am and it makes me feel good.
    I'm a daredevil riding on my knees!
  • I can make the animal sounds for cow, pig, dog, and cat. And guess what daddy taught me? How to imitate an elephant! He does the best impression - raises his arm out like the elephant trunk and makes a really loud horn noise. I do it too. And it's really, really cute.
  • I can now throw things away in the trash can. I picked this skill up by watching mommy and daddy do it. If I find a napkin on the floor, I pick it up and put it in the trash...and then clap my hands because I know I did something good!
As I'm learning all these new things, I have definitely gone through periods of frustration. Sometimes I cry and don't know why. Sometimes I become fussy on the changing table and mommy has to wrestle me like a wild alligator to get my diaper on. There are times where I get so frustrated and mad that I bang my head on the wall or table. It hurts. So I do it again. And it hurts more. I've been through these 'transition periods' before and know it will pass soon. Thankfully my mommy and daddy do nothing but love me and support me and that makes me very happy!

I hope you'll keep checking the blog for more updates on me and my baby sister who lives in mommy's belly!
Playing with my helicopter!

I love my time with daddy!

I love my puppy!


He was NOT happy about finger painting! Eh, at least I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment