Baby on Board!

Monday, March 17, 2014

6 Months w/Baby #2!

6 Months!
I'll probably say it a hundred more times, but how fast is time flying! Six months pregnant! Here is a quick update:

How Far Along: 24 weeks!

Size of Baby: weighs about 1 1/3 lbs. and is roughly a foot long - about the size of an ear of corn or  a Subway footlong sandwich =)

Development:  Her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world.

How I'm Feeling: I'm doing well! Like I've mentioned before, I definitely feel the aches and pains of pregnancy a lot earlier this time around. I'm pretty much sidelined on the couch at night with a pillow under my back trying to rest from the day. I was excited to receive our crib, crib mattress, crib sheet, and some nursery decorations in the mail last week - I went on an ordering frenzy...all on sale though! =) I'm looking forward to breaking down the guest bedroom in a couple weeks and putting the nursery together!

Cravings/Aversions: Orange juice every morning...and sometimes at night. I had an insane amount of asparagus the other night for dinner. Literally almost a whole bunch by myself...and I don't even like asparagus that much. I did treat myself to a chocolate/banana milkshake at Steak-n-Shake last week. I've been thinking about it for weeks, finally caved, and didn't regret it one bit!

Boy or Girl: G-I-R-L!
24 Weeks with Ethan and 24 Weeks with Baby #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment