Baby on Board!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

18 Months Old!

Hi Family and Friends!

I reached an exciting milestone this week...I officially turned 18 months old! I'm a year and a half - wow! This is by far the most fun age I've experienced. Let me tell you about everything I'm doing now:
  • Last month, I started walking for the first time. Now, I can walk pretty steady without falling down (although I have busted my lip twice since walking)! Just this past weekend was really the first time I started walking everywhere on my own...down the halls at the hotel, in the aisles at Target, out to mommy's car, etc. It feels great to be so big - I have such a new perspective on everything!
  • I do a really good job feeding myself. I like using my spoon to eat applesauce or cottage cheese. I also started using a fork. Mommy was nervous that I would poke myself in the gums, but I feel like such a big boy using utensils! I haven't quite mastered putting pieces of food on my fork so mommy or daddy will help me with that and then I use the fork to eat. I now eat a banana all by myself which is exciting. Mommy still helps me peel it, but I can hold it and feed myself!
  • I'm a good listener and follow instructions well. When mommy says it's time to eat, I walk to my highchair. When mommy says it's time to go, I wait by the door to walk out to the car. She even asked me to take my shoes to my room and I did! And put them in the basket! Even though I can't talk, I have learned that listening is very important and helps me do what mommy and daddy ask of me. They tell me I'm going to be such a big help with my baby sister comes.
  • Speaking of my baby sister, I'm not really sure what that is yet. Every time mommy asks me where the baby is, I laugh and lift up her shirt and poke her belly button! She keeps telling me that some day soon I will be able to feel her kick.
  • I had my first trip to the dentist a couple weeks ago! Now that I have teeth, it was important for me to meet my dentist, Dr. Matt. He is really nice and I even gave him a high five. I was so good that he gave me my very first toothbrush. I love to brush my teeth. Every night, I go into my bathroom, grab my stool, and show mommy and daddy how big I am by brushing my teeth. When I'm finished, I put my toothbrush in the drawer and close it.
  • I am still sleeping 7:30pm-7:30am every night and taking two naps a day (yea for mommy)!!
  • Have I told you lately how much I love my cat, Max? Besides mommy and daddy, he is my best friend. I chase Max around and "meow" when he does. Max is especially good when I tackle him, grab his fur, and pull his tail. He doesn't seem to mind at all! My favorite thing to do is give Max a hug. Whether he's laying on the back of the couch or in his kitty bed, I like to lay down with him and put my head on his belly. I can hear him purr.
  • My "talking" has really picked up. It sounds like gibberish to everyone else, but to me it makes perfect sense. I am most talkative around fire extinguishers. I love fire extinguishers. They are red and up on the wall. We have one in our kitchen that I point and talk to every single day. I also stop and talk to them when I see one in public. I like to talk to vacuums and brooms too. That's probably because I like to clean.
  • Being outside makes me talk a lot too. I haven't been out much because of the cold weather (and because I wasn't walking). But, it's really fun to be outside!! I see cars drive by, I see leaves blowing, and can feel the sun shining. I can't wait to use my backyard this year. I even have a play set with a slide! I hope warm temperatures come soon.

  • I am a very cuddly and affectionate boy. I like to put my head on mommy and daddy's shoulder when they are holding me. I like to give hugs to my cousins. Sometimes I like to give kisses to mommy on her face. I feel very loved so I like to give love back.
Being able to walk has opened my eyes to a whole new world. I am so excited by all the independent tasks I've learned lately. I'm a really happy baby...or should I say toddler now? Nahhh, mommy says I'll always be her baby. Thanks for visiting the blog - I like keeping my family and friends updated on how great my life is!

Love,
Ethan =)


 

1 comment: