Baby on Board!

Monday, March 31, 2014

26 Weeks!


I had a great check-up today at my doctor and baby girl seems to be doing well. Her heart rate was 150bpm and nice and strong! This was the ever so important glucose appointment where you have to drink a sugary concoction, wait a hour, and then they draw blood to check for gestational diabetes. Hopefully I passed with flying colors =) I now start going to the doctor every two weeks!!  We also scheduled a tentative date for our C-section!!! Everyone mark your calendars...June 26 is the requested date! They schedule you at 39 weeks and Dr. Stowell is on call on Thursdays so that's how June 26 came to be. They put in a request to the surgery department at the hospital and now we just have to wait to see if it gets approved. If I don't go into labor before then, baby girl will share a birthday with her sweet cousin, Aderi!

We have officially started on baby girl's nursery! Rob and Cathy were our last visitors this past weekend so the room has made the switch from guest room to nursery! Eric did an awesome job yesterday tearing down the bed, vacuuming, setting up the crib, etc. We're still trying to figure out where to position everything because the room is structured different than Ethan's so we will spend the next couple weeks playing around with everything and putting decorations on the wall. I love going in there though and thinking she will be here soon!!

How Far Along: 26 weeks and 4 days =)

Size of Baby: baby weighs almost two pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended.

Development: Baby's ears are better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you talk with each other. Baby is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. Her brain is very active right now as the brain tissue continues to develop.

How I'm Feeling: I feel like I've hit somewhat of a stride and feel really good! I even worked out two times last week and went for a mile walk with Ethan today (not far, but just glad I accomplished it)! I'm still not sleeping too well and having a lot of back pain by the end of the day, but I came to terms awhile back that these symptoms would follow me the rest of the pregnancy! I'm also getting fitted for some awesome compression stockings because I've developed spider veins on the back of my left leg. They aren't uncomfortable - I just get a warm "burning" sensation randomly throughout the day in my leg. The doctor highly recommended I wear the stockings to prevent them from turning into painful varicose veins. I can tell my belly is growing and I definitely am getting fuller faster at each meal...I know the stretchy, itchy skin is right around the corner! =)

Cravings/Aversions: Everything's been the same as far as what I've been eating...except I found a new healthy dessert that I made a couple nights last week. It's a yummy chocolate milkshake made with greek yogurt, almond milk, and a couple scoops of instant pudding powder...so easy and soooooo delicious! And it helps curb my sweet tooth at night and I don't have to feel guilty about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment