Baby on Board!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Saturday!

I'm learning several new things as I journey through this pregnancy! Here are a couple fun tidbits I've picked up in my short three months:

1. Your first trimester is actually over after week 14. I always thought it was week 12 so I posted a little premature last time! As of today, I am 14 weeks and 1 day...and feeling good!

2. Did you know that the baby's intestines make their home in the umbilical cord until the body cavity has enough room for them? How cool is that? When the baby is ready, the intestines will move into their correct place and start functioning normally. Just another reminder of how incredible human life is!


3. Kitties (and pets in general) can sense your pregnant. Since very early on in my pregnancy, my sweet kitties have definitely changed their behavior, indicting to me they knew something was up! I went to the all-knowing Google to find out if cats can sense your pregnant and it is absolutely true. They pick up on mood changes, if you're laying on the couch more (yes!!), and your overall demeanor. Max has always been my cuddle kitty - he has always gravitated towards me while Paisley has always gravitated towards Eric. But now, Paisley will jump right up on the couch and lay right on my tummy almost every night =) Usually, they would be our alarm clocks on the weekends and wake us up when they were hungry. But again, ever since I've been pregnant it's like they know I need sleep and they don't peep a word! I think it'll be fun to see how they react when I actually have a belly...I can honestly see Max using it as a perch for a little cat nap! I couldn't help but post some pictures of them...they are the best gift I ever received (Eric surprised me with a trip to the animal shelter last year on my birthday)!!


4. Some people have no filter when it comes to you being pregnant! I was definitely warned that people will feel like they have free reign to give their advice and opinion on your pregnancy and I had my first dose of it last week at the bank. Keep in mind, I had just posted my "bump" picture at 13 weeks - not that big right? I literally go to work and one of my customers, in all seriousness, said, "Good God, you've popped!! I mean, geez, are you having TWINS?? Ugh, that would be horrible." And she went on...and on...and on about how big I looked. Ummmm....wow. I just laughed it off because it was so outrageous.

We go to the doctor on Monday morning - getting so excited! Hope everyone's having a great weekend - ready to cheer on the HOOSIERS tomorrow night as we finish out the regular season with a big W!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment