Baby on Board!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Boy or Girl...What will Baby G Be??

We are beyond excited to be finding out the sex of our sweet little baby on Tuesday! The long anticipated wait will be over soon! I think I'm more excited just to see the baby again on the ultrasound. We haven't seen him/her for 10 weeks so I'm sure we'll be surprised by how big baby has gotten!

It has been really fun getting everyone's guesses on the sex - at first everyone thought it was a girl. Lately, all the votes have turned to boy so it's about 50/50 right now. I literally have no idea (haha so much for the motherly instinct, right?!) I will say this though - I know about nine other ladies who are due in July/August and everyone is having GIRLS! Could just be the summer for girls! Honestly, it's cliche, but we'll be happy with either a boy OR a girl - we're going to love that baby no matter what!

To have a little fun, I decided to test out some of the old wives tales to help determine the old fashioned way if we're having a boy or girl. Below are some of the highlights:

#1: The Telltale Carry
Tale: If you carry low, you are having a boy. If you carry high, you are having a girl.
Verdict: What do you think? Here is my 18-week picture. Everyone thinks I'm carrying low - BOY.

#2: Crave It
Tale: If you are craving sweets, you are having a girl. If you are craving sour, you are having a boy.
Verdict: While I'm not really "craving" anything, I'm all sweets - GIRL.

#3: Jewelry Speaks
Tale: Hold a ring on a string over your belly. If it swings back & forth, it's a girl. Swings in a circle, boy. 
Verdict: Eric thought I was crazy when I laid down and told him to hold my wedding ring over my belly. Uhhh, it didn't move. Haha. What was I thinking - that hormones would magically make the string move?!

#4: Mayan Tale
Tale: Add the mothers age at conception and year of conception. If the number is even, it's a girl. If it's odd, it's a boy.
Verdict: 28 + 2011 = 2039 - BOY.

#5: Baking Soda Gender Test
Tale: Pee in a cup of baking soda. If it fizzes, it's a boy. If it does not fizz, it's a girl.
Verdict: Yes, I did this. Why not? I'm gonna say there was no fizz - GIRL.

Final Verdict: 2 votes boy, 2 votes girl, 1 undetermined =)

Every time I think about Tuesday, I get butterflies in my tummy! I'm sure it will start to feel more "real" as we can start talking about names, thinking about nursery ideas, etc. And it will definitely feel more real once I feel baby move for the first time! Thanks for all the well-wishes and notes - it's been so much fun sharing with everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment