Baby on Board!

Friday, March 16, 2012

My Favorite Month!

March is off to a GREAT start! First of all, it's March Madness. And in our household, that's a BIG DEAL!! Eric and I are both in three different bracket challenges (including one against each other) so our eyes are always on these fun tournament games! Secondly, March has been the month of babies!!! So far, baby Steele, baby Lilly, and baby Hayden have made their debuts. Now, we're just waiting on baby Caroline! She can come any day now (and I know mommy Natasha is dying to meet her)! I'm partial to March babies...they are being born in the BEST month!! =)

How Far Along: 16 weeks!
Size: 4.5 inches long and weighs 3.5 oz. - about the size of an avocado
Development: Baby's legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. The patterning of his scalp has begun too! He's even started to grow little tiny toenails. A growth spurt is on the horizon - baby is supposed to double his weight and add inches to his length in the next few weeks.
How I'm Feeling: I'm feeling great! I don't feel like I have that "burst" of energy most talk about in the second trimester yet, but I certainly feel better than the first! The warm weather has definitely helped in getting out and taking walks/jogs. It feels so good to accomplish a workout (especially because before I was so exhausted and out of breath)! As you can tell from my bump picture, it's starting to poke!! (This is one of three attempts we took at this picture - and I'm pretty sure the bump looks the biggest in this one)!! As everyone tells me, I'm trying to "embrace" my new figure, but it's hard right now in this awkward phase! I'm just ready to be 7-months pregnant with a nice, round belly =)

In a few short weeks, we'll be finding out the gender!! It's been a lot of fun getting everyone's guesses...and their reasoning behind it! We are so excited to find out what this little peanut is! Have a great weekend!

1 comment: