Baby on Board!

Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Hi Family and Friends!

I'M TWO!!! Having birthdays are so much fun. Mommy and daddy (and the rest of my family) made me feel so special on my big day. We had a birthday party on Saturday with all my grandparents and my two cousins, Jayden and Kaleb, because Papaw and Ginka were babysitting them. I always have fun when I see Jayden and Kaleb. We were extra rowdy and rambunctious that day. Maybe it was the festive streamers and balloons. Yep, it was definitely the balloons. Who doesn't love punching balloons and getting all wrapped up in the strings? My grandparents must know me well because they got me such great gifts! This is my new art easel. Mommy said it will help us work on our letters and numbers. You can also draw with crayons and chalk on the other side.
 
I got my first set of golf clubs! Did you know golf clubs also make great weapons?

 
I think I'm a natural at golf though...look at my form!

 
This is my new wooden airplane! I can ride around on it when my legs can touch the floor, but for now it's just a rocker. It has my initials and birth date on the tail wing.

 
I also got a cute new pair of jammies, flashcards with all the words I'm learning, a fun game called Monster Bowling, a membership to the Wonderlab (our local children's museum), and money for my college fund. I felt really loved that all my grandparents came to my party.

 
Mommy and daddy were telling me all week that it was my birthday and we would sing "Happy Birthday" and I could have a cupcake. Last year when everyone sang to me, I cried. This year I smiled because I'm a big boy now. My cupcake was chocolate with orange and blue icing. I wasn't too interested in the cake part...I really just wanted a couple licks of icing and then I was done.



Sunday was my actual birthday and I was pretty worn out from my party. Plus, as a birthday gift to myself, I thought it would be fun to cut three new teeth at once. All I wanted to do was have my paci, carry around my blankie, and hang out with mommy and daddy. I was so happy though when they came into my room in the morning to wake me up and surprised me with balloons and sang to me! I did get a special birthday pancake for breakfast with a #2 candle in it. I told mommy and daddy the candle was "hot."
 
Pa and Gigi came by for a quick visit on their way out of town - they drove all the way from Tennessee to celebrate with me. After my afternoon nap, mommy climbed into the crib with me because she said she wanted to snuggle with her baby. After dinner, mommy and daddy gave me my cupcake again to see if I wanted a yummy treat. I ate a little more cake this time, but then I decided I wanted strawberries!! They were so excited I made a healthy decision (mostly because it meant they could finish eating my cupcake)! Mommy and daddy sang "Happy Birthday" to me one more time before I went to bed and then I called it a day. I went to bed with a big smile on my face. Being two will be fun, I just know it.


Would you like to know some of the things I'm doing now as a two year old? Let me fill you in:
  • I am really into trucks. Big trucks. I have a new truck book that Ginka got me and I read it every single day. I point to the giant excavator and say "ohhhhhhhhhh." Then I point to the concrete crusher and say "ohhhhhhhhhh." If you ask me to point to a certain type of truck, I can pick out the correct one. That's because I'm smart.
  • I am starting to "talk" more and more each day. Sometimes no one knows what I'm talking about, but they sure nod and act like they do! My favorite word right now is "broke." Everything is "broke." I can also say more and ouch.
  • I weigh 22 lbs. 4 oz. and measure 34" tall. The nurses had to prick my finger and draw blood at my two year check-up. I like my nurses so much I just sat in Miss Hana's lap and let Morgan poke my finger with a needle. I didn't even jump or pout. Miss Hana rubbed my back and I got a prize because I was so brave.
  • I like to walk around the house and call for "Mady." That's what I say when I'm looking for my cat, Max. Then when I see him I squeal at the top of my lungs and he runs away from me.
  • My mommy fed me fast food for the first time ever. I had chicken nuggets at Wendy's. She said she didn't mind too much because I need the calories.
  • I like to say "hi" and wave to people.
  • I love to hide things and then throw my hands up like "where did it go"? My favorite things to hide are my little cars under a couch pillow and the vacuum under my blankie (even though you can still see the vacuum).
  • Speaking of hiding, I love to hide in mommy and daddy's closet. I like to sit behind the door. Then I can pop out and say "boo"!
  • When Emerson is sleeping (or when I see someone in a book sleeping), I put my finger over my mouth and say "shhhhhh."
  • I love my baby sister and give her hugs and kisses every day.
  • I still take two naps a day, usually from 10-11:30 and 2:15-4.
  • My favorite thing to eat right now is still vanilla greek yogurt. On some days, I eat it at every single meal. I also still eat a couple bites of deli meat and hummus, nutrigrain bars, strawberries, toast, pancakes, frosted mini wheats, cheerios, goldfish, pasta with spaghetti sauce, and maybe a couple bites of a banana (on a good day).
  • I am starting to use my imagination more and more. I do little things like take my plastic toy dog and offer it my paci...silly doggy! Also, anytime I see food in a book I bend down and lick the page like I'm eating it! 
  • Here is my first masterpiece I drew on my art easel all by myself. You saw it here first folks:
     
  • I have renewed my love for books. Often times you can catch me sitting on the couch by myself reading a book. I love to grab a book and sit in mommy and daddy's lap while they read to me too. Then I pick out another book. Then another. Then another. My favorite books right now include "Green Eggs and Ham," "How to Babysit a Grandpa," "Mighty Dads," and "I'm Going to be a Big Brother." 
Another year in the books and I can't wait to see what's in store for the year ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment