Baby on Board!

Monday, September 1, 2014

{Two Months Old - Emerson!}

Hi Family and Friends!

It was a big week in our house because my big brother turned two and I turned two months! As you might've read in my last post, I have colic. I am averaging one really bad day a week with maybe a few hiccups sometimes on the other days. When I say a bad day, I mean a B-A-D, rotten, stinky, awful, terrible day. It's hard on me and hard on mommy and daddy too. I just don't know what else to do but cry. Nothing soothes me - not a bath, not a paci, not even when mommy wears me in her wrap. Sometimes mommy just cries with me because that's the only thing that helps her. However, after I have a bad day, I always have several good. Even though I have colic, I still smile and coo at my mommy and daddy (only after I have a full belly) and they say that helps make everything better. I have grown a lot since my last update at one month. Let me tell you about some of the things I'm doing:
  • Most importantly, I'm sleeping through the night!! I started doing this at six weeks old. My parents were so proud of me and said I'm a good sleeper just like my brother. I sleep from 10pm-7am.
  • I have started taking naps in my own room. Mommy puts the rock-n-play in the crib so she can see me on the video monitor. Eventually I will start sleeping during the night in my room, but for now I'm still in mommy and daddy's room.
  • What do I like to eat? MILK. I'm such a good eater. I nurse with mommy 4-5 times a day and then daddy feeds me a 5 oz. bottle of breast milk at 8:30pm every night.
  • I weigh 9 lbs. 13 oz. and 22.5" long. Dr. Newby is so happy with how I'm growing.

  • I had to get shots at my doctor's appointment. Let me tell you, NOT.FUN. First off, they made me get naked which I don't like. Then they stuck me three times in my leg and it hurt soooo bad. I was not a happy camper. But, mommy scooped me up real quick to try and calm me down. And my big brother was there too. Once I was calm, he held my hand. I love him.
  • I have outgrown my newborn clothes. I'm mostly wearing 3 month clothes now - wow!
  • I love to stare at pictures on the wall. There are some above our couch and above my changing table. I have also discovered the fan.
  •  
  • I (usually) take an early morning nap for about an hour, cat nap over lunch while we're out running errands, a long afternoon nap (2-3 hours), early evening nap (45 min-hour), and then get my bottle at 8:30. Then my parents wrap me up at 9:15pm and I'm always asleep by 10pm.
     
  • I have really good head control. Even the doctor pointed that out at my appointment. She couldn't believe how well I hold my head up for only being eight weeks old. I'm also very alert. I love to open my eyes big and wide to take in everything around me. Everyone tells me what beautiful eyes I have.
  • In the last month, I started smiling and cooing after my feedings. Mommy and daddy (and sometimes Ethan) like to talk to me after I'm done eating. I talk back and give them lots of smiles. It makes them smile even more!


I know with each passing week I will become more and more happy as the colic starts to disappear. The doctor said it will be completely gone by four months. Mommy and daddy said I may go to my first IU football game this weekend! I sure hope so because I have a really cute IU onesie I want to wear. Thanks for checking in on our blog!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment