Baby on Board!

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

22 Months Old!

Hi Family and Friends!

I'm just two days away from becoming a BIG brother and I can't tell you how excited I am!! While I may not understand the whole concept of "baby sister," I do know that mommy's belly is big and that baby sister will have her own room. I like to go in there. I open and close the drawers of her dresser, I throw all the diapers out of the basket, I press the button on the swing to make music, and I know that she will sleep in her crib. I'm going to visit mommy, daddy, and my baby sister in the hospital on Thursday. Besides becoming a big brother, I want to tell you about some new things I'm doing because I've had a pretty exciting month:
  •  Mommy said she's going to mark my first word as "choo-choo." Forget mama and dada, I like trains! My second word? "MOW" for lawnmower. I say it every time I see or hear a lawnmower (or any loud noise I think is a lawnmower). I've actually tried putting two syllables together and it sounds like I'm saying the full word (kinda like "mow-mower"). Mommy and daddy get so excited when I try and talk. I can't wait to see what my next word will be!
  • This is a BIG update: I finally got new teeth!!! Up to this point, I had six teeth - four on top and two on the bottom. And I got all six of them at the same time when I was 15 months old. We've been waiting ever since! Mommy was changing me last week and she noticed two new molars had popped through - one on each side! She was soooo excited and couldn't stop telling me how proud she was of me. Supposedly, teething can hurt, but she said I took it like a champ! This week, I have a molar trying to cut through on the bottom and I'm not taking it like a champ. It has made me extra cranky and fussy, I broke out with a little rash around my mouth, I can't stop putting my hand in my mouth, and I don't feel like eating. Becoming a big boy is tough work!

  • Speaking of eating, I am on quite the dairy diet. All I want to eat is cottage cheese, milk, yogurt, and mini wheats cereal. I could eat cottage cheese every meal if my parents let me. I love to feed myself a whole container of yogurt...I don't even spill on my shirt anymore! Oh, and I still love bread...who doesn't?
  • Mommy doesn't like it when I throw food off the highchair. But, that's one of my new hobbies right now. I know sign language and how to say "all done," but what fun is that? I'd rather see how far I can throw my food when I'm all done. Too bad my kitty Max doesn't eat human food off the floor.
  • Airplanes are still the coolest thing in my world right now. And lawnmowers.

    My reaction to hearing a lawnmower at the pool.
  • When I go to mommy's doctor appointments, I sit up on the table next to her while they check on baby sister. The doctor uses this little machine to find her heartbeat and then all of a sudden I hear a loud "boom, boom, boom." Now when we are at home and mommy asks if I want to find baby sister's heartbeat, I make a fist with my hand and rub it on her belly just like the machine the doctor uses =)
  • I have spent a lot of time lately in the water whether it be at the pool, the splash pad, or with the hose in my backyard. I like to splash around and pour buckets of water on myself (or anyone within reaching distance). Don't I look so cute in the pool?

  •  
  • I've been telling mommy and daddy for awhile now when I go potty by patting my diaper. They thought it would be fun to get me my first potty just to have in the bathroom for practice. I'm not interested in full-blown potty training yet, but I really like my new seat. I go and sit on it a couple times throughout the day.
  • I like to stomp on ants and smush roly poly's between my fingers.
  • I have nice friends. My friend Maddox just told me he's moving to California which is a bummer. I play with him the most. The bottom left picture is me giving him a "hug" - aka leaning my head against his back. The top picture is my friend Jackson. He lives in Rhode Island and was in town visiting while his aunt got married. We play so cute together because we are the same size and only two months ago. I'm trying to talk his parents into moving back to Indiana. The bottom right picture is my friend Elijah. He was born four days after me! We thought it was so fun being on our daddy's shoulders!
  • My family tells me that I have really come out of my shell in the last couple months. They say I am babbling more, laughing more, and definitely smiling more, which means you can see my CUTE dimples! Mommy has noticed all my "toothy grin" pictures where you can see all my teeth! I have always been a happy boy, but my sweet, funny personality is definitely shining through.

 
My next update will be as an official big brother! I can't wait to tell you all about it. I hope you'll check the blog often because mommy said she's going to try and post lots of pictures of baby sister!







 


No comments:

Post a Comment