Baby on Board!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sweet Summertime

FIVE weeks.

Another week off the calendar and I can't believe I'm staring at the home stretch! While there is a small part of me that thinks "sad, I don't have that much longer to be pregnant..." - let's be serious, I'm ready. I feel like it's written all over my face. Baby is definitely running out of room and making mommy very uncomfortable. His kicks, his jabs, his hiccups, his head butts - everything is so much more intense. And sleep? Forget about it! =) It's a never-ending battle. Our bed has been taken over by an ever-growing number of pillows and I just flip-flop side to side all night. I know it'll all be worth it though - I just need to keep my thoughts positive and stay focused on the end result - a sweet, healthy baby boy!

Some good news came our way last week when Eric accepted a job here in Bloomington! He'll be working for Lincare, a company that specializes in respiratory care. Essentially, he'll be selling respiratory equipment to hospitals, doctors, and in patient homes. We are really excited about this opportunity and I'm so proud of him for making it happen this quickly! Now, I just need to find something to occupy my time in the next five weeks! Everyone keeps telling me to relax, enjoy the time, etc., but that's so hard to do when you're used to being BUSY! I worked a lot in the nursery last week and started to put things away, wash clothes, and organize. My friend, Jessica, is going to come down next week and help me decorate a bit - something that's definitely not my forte! I will be certain to put some pictures up once things are finished. 

This past week was a good reminder of what an amazing husband I have. Eric has been my number one supporter through this entire pregnancy and nothing has gone unappreciated. Whether it was taking care of me this past week while I was sick (bringing flowers home like a gentleman), coming to every single doctors appointment, making me laugh during my emotional breakdowns - he's been my rock no doubt. I'm sure I haven't always been the most pleasant person to be around in the last part of this pregnancy, but he always makes me feel like number one. I definitely feel like one lucky gal! =)

Hope everyone has a great weekend - excited for the Olympics! GO USA!


No comments:

Post a Comment