Baby on Board!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Home Sweet Home!

We are officially back in Indiana and couldn't be happier! We arrived last Tuesday and have done a good job feeling as "settled" as we can. Eric is busy on the job hunt and I'm busy getting things prepared for baby! I finally went through all my gifts I received from both showers and have made a list of what I can return, what we still need, etc. Thankfully, my list of "still need" is very short thanks to everyone's generosity! Eric put the crib, changing table, stroller, and other fun baby items together so the nursery is starting to take shape!

34 Weeks!
We had our first doctors appointment on Monday at Southern Indiana Physicians. It is a practice of four doctors and we will rotate meeting with them until the delivery. I hadn't been seen in three weeks so I was relieved when baby's heartbeat was beating strong and fast (and he even gave a little kick to the microphone to say hi)! The doctor said I'm measuring normal for 34 weeks and the baby should be around four pounds already! I'm definitely growing! Just in the week I've been in Indiana, I've gotten a lot more r-o-u-n-d! We will go back in two weeks (July 30) and then start going for weekly check-ups. I know everyone tells me not to expect him to come early, but I can't help but think about how soon he could make an appearance! We are getting so anxious to meet our little guy and I'm sure the anxiousness will just continue to grow as the days fly off the calendar!

Now that we're finally back, it just confirms that moving to Indiana was definitely the best (and right) choice for us. We are so blessed to have (most of) our parents here and have enjoyed the time spent with them so far. There's nothing like going to church and seeing old friends, going to Target and running into old college buddies, going to the pool and seeing your first cousins, seeing people from high school when you're out to eat, etc. Our hearts are here and we know we are right where we should be.

Hopefully, I'll get back into a routine of posting every Friday. We are heading up to Indy tomorrow to see Jeffrey, Kristen, and baby Jayden...and I also get to meet my friend Jessica's baby, Lilly, for the first time! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment