Baby on Board!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

8 Weeks To Go!

Wow, has it really been two weeks since I wrote my last post?! Time is flying by! I'm officially 32 weeks - only 8 more to go! I flew home to Indiana this past weekend for my baby shower and let me tell you - it was a fabulous weekend! We kicked off the festivities with my family renting a pontoon boat on Lake Monroe on Friday. With it being 104 degrees outside, the lake felt awfully nice!! Saturday was the day of my shower, hosted by my best friend, Jennifer, and my sisters Kristen, Laura, and Arynn. I loved every detail from the personalized "baby graebe" banner, the baby wish lists everyone got to fill out, and the yummy food for lunch! Baby G and I were absolutely spoiled rotten and received so many nice things - again, everyone's generosity just blew me away. I felt so blessed looking around the room at who was there - family, childhood friends since kindergarten, family friends that were at my mom's baby shower when she was pregnant with me, sorority sisters, in-laws, etc. Just so lucky to have them in my life as my support system! I feel so much more prepared now that I've had two baby showers. I definitely have all the essentials I'll need right away - crib, changing table, car seat, stroller, swaddles, sleep sacks, bottles, etc. The nursery is ready and waiting for us to get there so we can decorate it and make it feel like 'home.'

My sweet family
My wonderful hostesses!
My beautiful sorority sisters
Four generations!
 So, the big move back to Indiana is TUESDAY - as in, five days. It has really snuck up on me. July 10 felt so far away and now I'm staring straight at it. The majority of the packing is done, but there still seems to be a lot left that you have to wait until the last day or two to pack. My "to-do" list triples about every day, but everything will get done. My last day of work is tomorrow, Jennifer flies in Saturday, we're having a get together with our friends on Sunday, last doctors appointment and picking up/loading the truck on Monday, and hitting the road first thing Tuesday morning! My, oh my, oh my. It's been an absolute bear trying to tie up everything with the Coast Guard - the stress has been indescribable. Every day brings a new challenge or bump in the road...feeling like nothing can swing our way. But, we keep saying if we can just get through this part, our handsome reward (literally) will follow soon enough =) 

"And God is faithful; he will not let you be tested beyond what you can bear. But, when you are tested, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13

Our last doctors appointment with Dr. Kling is on Monday. Thankfully, I was able to schedule an appointment with a practice in Bloomington a week later on July 16. I can tell the baby is growing because the movement and squirms are definitely getting stronger! Baby should weigh about 3.75 pounds and measure 16.7 inches long (according to the all-knowing babycenter.com)! I should be gaining about a pound a week, half of which goes right to the baby. In the next seven weeks, he should gain a third to half of his birth weight as he fattens up and gets ready for his big debut - I'm so curious about everything he's doing, who he's going to look like, how much he'll weigh, etc. I know people say the last couple weeks can really drag on, but I'm hoping I'll be distracted with all the excitement we have going on! 

Next post, we will be official Indiana residents again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment