Baby on Board!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Born To Be A Hoosier!

"...miles and miles of backroads and highways
connecting little towns with funny names,
who'd want to live down there in the middle of nowhere...
they've never drove through Indiana..."

Jason Aldean's current song, "Flyover States," gives major props to Midwest living - especially in Indiana and I'm so proud every time I hear it on the radio! As most of you know, we will be moving back to Indiana mid-July and could not be more excited. While it's been fun living at the beach for a couple years, we certainly are anxious to get back to our home state where we can start planting our roots =) We've always had a desire to move back closer - it was just a matter of when that opportunity would present itself. Now is the perfect time for us and we're happy baby G will be born an official Hoosier! 
 
I'm 27 weeks today and growing little by little every day. I didn't know how I would feel pregnant - didn't know if I would feel that "glow" or if I would be counting down the months to have it over with. I can honestly say I'm really enjoying being pregnant (thankfully, it's been an easy pregnancy). I find myself feeling protective of him now - and I feel proud that he's growing like he should be. Since I've just now "popped" in the last two weeks or so, it makes me proud of my belly because that means he's putting on weight and growing into a healthy boy! It's also a nice confidence boost that I'm doing a good job - eating well, taking care of myself, etc. I think it's so easy to get caught up in the "do's-and-don'ts" of pregnancy - my doctor told me from day one not to read anything (haha) - just use common sense! So far, that's worked for me! 

This past week, I've really been wanting something "bad" and unhealthy. I've always been a pretty healthy eater, but let's face it, after a while a blueberry just isn't going to satisfy your appetite anymore!! I didn't have a specific craving for anything in particular - just wanted something I normally wouldn't eat. So, I'm at the grocery going down every aisle getting tempted...do I grab a box of powered donuts? Nah, I don't really like donuts. Do I make brownies? Nah, too much work involved. What do I settle for? Chocolate poptarts. Haha, which for those who know me know back in the day I would eat chocolate poptarts every morning for breakfast. So, this was my big "splurge"...chocolate poptarts was the most unhealthy I would allow myself to get. What makes this story even better is the fact that I opened the box on the way home and ate one =) (And just for the record, this has not curbed my "craving")! 

Going to the doctor next Friday so will have another update then!

No comments:

Post a Comment