Baby on Board!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Showered with Love!

My baby shower in Tennessee last weekend was a great way to kick off my baby festivities!! My girlfriends were so sweet and did an amazing job making baby and I feel extra special. I am so lucky to be surrounded by such a great group of friends - we've gone from engagement parties and bachelorette parties to weddings and now baby showers!

One of the first things I noticed at the shower was the fireplace mantle. The girls had printed off every bump picture I've posted on the blog and hung them in order by clothespins. It started with the very first ultrasound at eight weeks all the way up to my week 28 picture. Not gonna lie, it definitely got me choked up! Another cute idea was the diaper basket - diapers were set out in a basket along with a sharpie so as guests arrived they could leave a surprise message on the diaper. Just something fun because you never know what funny diaper you may pull out during a 2am feeding! =)

The afternoon started off with the yummy spread the girls prepared - veggies/fruit with scrumptious cream cheese/marshmallow dip (oh yeaaa!), goat cheese crositinis topped with tomatoes and basil, black bean and feta cheese dip, cupcakes, and chocolate chip cookies - a perfect afternoon treat! Then, it was time for presents!! I was truly overwhelmed by everyone's generosity - it made my heart melt with every gift I opened. Just knowing that all this is for baby makes me feel so good. Thanks to all our friends in families, we're going to be more than prepared for little man's arrival!

After the shower, we grabbed dinner at one of our favorite Mexican places in Knoxville - then topped it off with some frozen yogurt! For me, this was just the perfect weekend to spend with my girlfriends. I miss them so much and look forward to all the opportunities we'll have to see each other now that we're moving back to Indiana. Next time I see my Tennessee crew, I'll have a baby!!! =)











My wonderful hostesses!

We racked it in! (kitty not included - paisley was just really curious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment