Baby on Board!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Third Trimester!

Can you believe I've already hit my third trimester? Time is flying by! We had another great check-up on Friday and will see the doctor now every two weeks. Our doctor was disappointed (but not surprised) when we told him we were moving. Living in a military area, I'm sure he's seen plenty of patients come and go. He did request pictures once baby was born though =)

I've definitely developed some "unpleasant", but normal, third trimester symptoms. Acid reflux being one and restless leg syndrome being another. The restless leg is certainly the most uncomfortable. The onset is right before I'm about to fall asleep or when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back asleep. It's just a feeling of tingling, crawling, and the urge to move my legs at all times. As you can imagine, it's caused some sleepless nights - the doc said it's okay to take Tylenol PM - but that'll be a last resort if needed. I tend to fall apart at the seams when I don't get a good night's sleep so I'm trying to stay positive about it and just focus on doing everything I can to "rest" well.

Baby should be weighing about 2 1/2 lbs. now and measuring around 15 inches. I was shocked at my last appointment when they said I only gained two pounds in the last month. I thought for sure since I had "popped" that it would be normal if I saw a 4-5 pound weight gain. To date, I've only gained 12 lbs. which I'm so happy about. From here on out, the weight I do gain will be all baby!

I am getting so excited about my first baby shower this weekend in Tennessee!! I really appreciate all the thought and work my girlfriends have put into this shower - it means so much that I can travel back to Knoxville and spend some quality time with them. Other than stopping through one night over Christmas last year, I think it's been a solid two years since I've had a weekend back in Knoxville. I can't wait to see everyone and will have plenty of pictures to show next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment