Baby on Board!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's A GIRL!!!

We are beyond thrilled to announce Baby #2 is a little GIRL!! While Eric and I had been anticipating a girl all along, it certainly was exciting to get the final confirmation through our gender reveal party this past Sunday! This weekend was so special and definitely a memory for the books. We had a family get together on Sunday with both sets of parents, my dad, my sister-in-law, and nephews. We also had my brother, grandma, and Eric's dad and stepmom on Facetime during the big reveal! I had a blast decorating for the party keeping with the blue/pink theme! I think everyone left on a sugar high because besides the yummy cake we had blue/pink sour rings, chocolate covered pretzels, and m&m's!



Eric and I were so funny leading up to the reveal because we were practicing how we were going to slice the cake. We were worried the icing might come out on the knife after making the first cut so we decided to each take a knife and slice together. Then we used a cake server to scoop out the slice we cut. Again, I think we knew deep down it was pink, but it was still such a RUSH!! I was literally shaking once I saw the bright pink cake staring back at us!





I don't think I came off my adrenaline high until the next day! It was an amazing way to celebrate an amazing blessing and we are so happy to have shared it with our families.




My sister-in-law, being the sweet and thoughtful person she is surprised us with our baby's first gift! Look at this cute little onesie - baby girl's first outfit!

 
This will be the fourth girl on Eric's side and the second on mine. My niece, Sydney, has been dying for another girl in the family so she was super excited when we called to tell her the news! I laugh when I think about this baby girl having five older boy cousins to look after her! We thought Ethan would have a field day with the cake given his cake experience on his first birthday, but here's what we got instead...
Maybe he's not happy about a sister??
Just kidding mommy - I can't wait!
20 week bump picture!
I don't even think it has sunk in yet that we're having a girl and it still feels a little strange to say "she"! But, now we can focus on names, getting the guest room turned into a nursery, and watching the next four months fly off the calendar! I am officially 20 weeks and halfway through this pregnancy!!

How Far Along: 20 weeks!

Size of Baby: Baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 10 inches from head to heel - about the size of a banana!

How I'm Feeling: I'm doing great overall! Still enjoying my morning naps most days while Ethan naps. I've started taking Unisom (safe to take) to try and help with the pregnancy induced insomnia. I would say it definitely helps me fall asleep, but I don't stay asleep. My doctor said if I want to take Ambien I can, but I'll give it more time before I take that step. By the end of the day, my back is usually pretty aching from picking Ethan up, running around, etc. The couch always feels extra niiiice!

Cravings/Aversions: This isn't a new "craving," but I have to have peanut butter every day. And at least a couple times a day. I usually have it on a banana, wheat thins, or as a pb&j sandwich. Either way, I cannot get enough of it.

Boy/Girl: whoo hoo, we finally know!! BABY GIRL!!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! What a fun, creative party! The pictures are all beautiful, and you look SO gorgeous, Jamie! I'm excited for you to experience a sweet little girl. xo

    ReplyDelete