Baby on Board!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

What We've Been Up To!


After the -30 temperatures at the start of last week, I can't really say we've been up to much lately! We enjoyed having Daddy home for a couple extra days throughout the work week and Ethan had lots of fun playing with him. Last Friday, we had our check up for Baby #2 - heard another strong, fast heartbeat at 165. Dr. Stowell said if we're playing the heart rate game then it's a girl =) Ethan was very intrigued by the noise and kept looking at the doctor and then my belly probably wondering what the heck was going on! I've started to tell him there's a baby in my belly and that just translates into him thinking it's hilarious to lift up my shirt and see my belly button! Haha - we'll keep working on that. Eric had solo parent duty  all weekend while I was on campus helping ZTA with their formal recruitment. I literally saw Ethan a total of 15 minutes all weekend! But, Eric did a great job sending me cute pictures like this...
Sleepy Head!
Love his serious face =)
I always think it's cute how attached Ethan gets to Eric after they spend the weekend together with no mommy...he loves his daddy that's for sure! This week we've had a lot of downtime as well, but also had lunch with Papaw and Ginka, got the second round of Ethan's flu shot, and made our usual Target run! I've been trying to get creative with some of our indoor activities - today I had him sorting wine corks into tin cans - haha! I knew I saved all those corks for a reason!
Getting a little taste of grapes!
 Yesterday, I let Ethan experiment with flour. I heard it's a great sensory activity and can be a lot of fun (and a big mess)! He wanted nothing to do with touching it with his hands...he was more comfortable using a spatula to fling it around and spread it all over the floor!


I'm officially 16 weeks pregnant today! This past week was the first week off my medicine and I can say I'm doing well and think I'm out of the "feeling crummy" phase! I can certainly tell a difference being off the medicine (hello, appetite!), but certainly not as bad as it was before. I'm still taking a nap almost every day - usually in the mornings when Ethan naps. Some days I'm good after 20 minutes, some days I need a full 90 minutes! I went back and read my 16 week update with Ethan and I pretty much echoed the same thing - felt so much better, but wasn't feeling that burst of energy women talk about in the second trimester. Eric keeps laughing that it hasn't hit him I'm pregnant...maybe it will once I start showing a little more and we find out the sex and I start bothering him with baby names and nursery ideas! =)

How Far Along: 16 weeks!

Size: 4.5 inches long and weighs 3.5 oz. - about the size of an avocado

Development: Baby's legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. The patterning of his scalp has begun too! He's even started to grow little tiny toenails. A growth spurt is on the horizon - baby is supposed to double his weight and add inches to his length in the next few weeks.

How I'm Feeling: Pretty good overall! I wish I was sleeping better, but I feel like that's always been an issue! I've gotten a couple workouts in which has felt good - just still lacking the overall energy to make it a habit throughout the week.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing major - although I've recently had a fix for raw broccoli with ranch dressing which is normally something I wouldn't choose as a snack. Been eating egg sandwiches in the morning on a consistent basis (more so than just the one week egg spurt I had with Ethan)!

Boy or Girl: We find out in three weeks!!
Watching the IU game with Mommy!


Precious Baby Blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment