Baby on Board!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Remember When?

As Ethan's first birthday approaches, I've definitely been in retrospective mode about everything! Moving back to Indiana was such a huge thing for us, let alone having a baby soon thereafter! I thought it would be fun to reflect back to August 2012 with this blog post here:

I had just found out baby Ethan was breech - I remember being SO shocked in the doctors office! My doctor in North Carolina told me he was head down so I couldn't believe he had flipped...although what's funny is I went back and looked at old text messages that I sent Eric and there was one sometime in June where I said something along the lines of, "baby must be doing somersaults in my tummy, I literally watched him move from one side of my tummy to the other...ouch!" Wonder if that was it? After we found out he was breech, we decided to do an aversion where the doctor simply pushes on the outside of your tummy to get the baby to turn. I have to say, even after having a C-section, that was definitely one of the more painful things I've ever been through. Little man just didn't want to budge and he was quite comfortable in the position he was in! Eight days later he made his arrival!


I've been working on Ethan's birthday party trying to get all my ducks in a row. Even though we're having a "small" family gathering (still about 18 people), there is a lot to get done! The biggest project is figuring out how to display his month-to-month sticker pictures and get them all printed off. Oh, and decorating cookies. Which isn't my strong suit. Somehow I need to make them look like the ones on the package =) I'm going to be gone this weekend in Ohio so next week will definitely be crunch time!


Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment