Baby on Board!

Friday, August 30, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Ethan!

I'm one and I got to have a birthday party on Saturday to celebrate! My day started off extra special when both mommy and daddy came to wake me up and sang happy birthday to me. Then mommy made me a special birthday breakfast of milk, a blueberry waffle in the shape of #1, and blueberries on the side (she must know they are my absolute favorite)! Mommy put me down for my morning nap, but I didn't really sleep because I was too excited for my party! We headed over to Papaw and Ginka's house to put the finishing touches on the party before my family started to arrive. Here were some of my favorite things:
  • We had a slideshow playing on the TV with a collection of pictures from my first year (thanks Pa!)
  • Mommy made a poster of all my "firsts" throughout the last year - my first cry, haircut, bath, toes in the sand, solid food, etc.
  • There was a timeline of my monthly sticker pictures where I got to see how tiny I was on month 1 and how big I was by month 12!
  • I got a special bib with my name on it and the #1!
I got spoiled rotten - there were so many presents for me to open! Mommy and daddy opened my gifts for me...I just liked the colorful wrapping paper and tissue paper. I got some new books, a couple really cool puzzles, some stacking blocks, so many clothes for the fall/winter, an IU football from Coach Wilson, and some other toys I can't wait to play with. Everyone did such a good job picking me out stuff I would love. I've spent all week playing with my new stuff!

My parents were telling me about this 'cupcake' that I would be having on my birthday. Whoa - who knew it would be so yummy!!! Everyone sang happy birthday to me and I started to cry...maybe it was because I didn't nap earlier in the day. But, as soon as mommy put that cupcake in front of me I started to cheer up. I got my first taste of pure sugar - bright green icing! I started by just putting some on my fingers and tasting it, but eventually I realized there was actually chocolate cake underneath all that icing! I started feeding myself mouthfuls of this yummy treat and before I realized it, I was elbow deep in green frosting! The sugar must've gone straight to my head because then I rubbed my face and got icing in my eyes. That didn't feel good so I kept rubbing and rubbing them. Before you knew it, I was covered and I looked around and everyone was laughing at me! They said I put on a good show. Daddy put me straight in the bath tub and washed me clean.


 

 
 

 
Birthday parties can sure wear you out...I was one tired boy by the end of the day! I felt so lucky that (almost) my entire family was there to celebrate ME! Spending the day with ALL my grandparents, great-grandma Ann, Uncle Jeffrey, Aunt Kristen, my cousins, and the rest of my family was the best birthday present I could ask for!




No comments:

Post a Comment