Baby on Board!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

What A Difference A Week Makes!

38 Weeks!
We received the surprising news this week at our doctor's appointment that Baby G is breech!! That little stinker turned around in my belly and is sitting very comfortably in the 'frank breech' position (with his head up by my ribs, bottom down, and legs up by his face). The doctor said we could try an external version where they push on my belly and try to turn him around manually. It was definitely something I wanted to try so Thursday we went into the hospital to get the procedure done. It was by far one of the most excruciating experiences I've ever been through, but it was worth a shot. The doctor was able to get him to move a little (and we thought he was actually going to turn), but then he slipped right back into his comfy pocket and didn't budge. The doctor even said we've got "a stubborn one on our hands"!

So, now we are going to schedule a c-section. We have another doctor's appointment on Tuesday where we will be able to talk with the doctor about our options. There is a small chance we could deliver on Friday the 24th, but we'll need someone to go into labor early and free up a spot at the hospital =) Otherwise, we will plan for the week of the 27th-31st and see what availability there is. Either way, he will be an August baby for sure and we're literally starting to count down the days until we meet him!

I feel like everyone is telling me to "enjoy the last days" while I can - go to that movie, eat that milkshake, do whatever I want...so I guess I have been! It's crazy to think that in less than ten days we could have a baby! There is definitely part of me that gets 'sad' thinking about not being pregnant anymore - but obviously those feelings are outweighed by the joy I know I will feel once he's here.

I will be keeping everyone updated after our appointment on Tuesday - thanks for all the well wishes this past week! We have said it before, but Baby G is one lucky guy to be surrounded by such amazing family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment