Baby on Board!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Family Fun!

We've been spoiled rotten having so much family in town over the last two weeks!! Aunt Laura, Uncle John, and cousins Aidan and Sydney came for a long visit to Bloomington. Ethan is absolutely smitten with his cousins. He lights up and smiles at Aidan and Sydney (and Jayden, too!) anytime they look at him.

We spent the rest of the week making trips out to Papaw and Ginka's so we could have more cousin play time. Aidan and Sydney loved playing with Ethan and they are SO good with him! Laura and John always joked with the rest of the siblings that by the time we finally had kids A & S would be old enough to babysit - well, they got their wish and the cousin BOOM happened! Now they have three cousins under the age of two with one more on the way in a couple months! As much fun as it is having Jayden, Ethan, Kaleb, and Baby Thoma all close in age, I love having Aidan and Sydney as the older cousins. They take such good care of our babes and you can tell they take their job seriously! It all comes full circle for me remembering the day Aidan was born and being in St. Louis when they brought Sydney home - and now here they are playing on the floor with MY baby!

Then it was time for Aunt Kristen and cousins Jayden and Kaleb to come visit! Ethan never takes his eyes off Jayden when he's around - he studies his every move and dreams about the day he's up and running around with him! The last couple days have been great - Ginka cooked us a huge Sunday dinner, we had a lazy afternoon yesterday while the boys napped, had a taco dinner with Grandpa Joe, and today Kristen and Jayden are enjoying time at the Wonderlab while I've got Ethan napping and baby Kaleb asleep on my chest! I'll be so sad when Kristen's maternity leave is over!! Thankfully, Aunt Arynn is due at the beginning of September so I see many more trips to Indianapolis in my future! =)

I can spot a button anywhere!
One of my bridesmaids, Wendi, is having her baby shower this weekend in Chicago and I'm so excited! It will be the first time in three years the six of us girls are back together again! This is a huge trip for me considering I'll be gone Friday-Sunday - definitely the longest I've ever been away from my little man! Eric's looking forward to it though and I know everyone will have a great weekend!
LOVE this picture!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment