Baby on Board!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Daddy's First Father's Day!

We've had such a great weekend celebrating Eric's first Father's Day! As part of my gift to Eric, I got him a 'daddy-and-me' mini photo session with a local photographer. We met her Friday evening out at Karst Farm Park where she spent about 20 minutes snapping pictures of just Eric and Ethan. Oh, they both looked so cute and I cannot wait to see the finished product! I thought it would be a great way to remember his first Father's Day! Saturday, both my boys slept in - can you believe Ethan slept until 9:15am?! Him and Eric got up at the same time! This boy (Ethan) has been sleeping soooo much this past week. He's been sleeping for about 14 hours at night and then taking two long naps during the day. Maybe it's a growth spurt? One thing we do know for sure is this boy can sleep! After we got through with the first feeding, we headed out to Mays Greenhouse so Eric could buy some more flowers. My hubs has quite the green thumb and I just absolutely love that about him. He's already got a couple pots out on the patio, but he's been itching for more! Saturday evening, Grandpa Joe, Uncle Jeffrey and cousin Jayden came over for a cookout. It was the first time this season we've fired up the grill! Ethan and Jayden got lots of good playtime together - or more so Ethan watching Jayden run around since he is non-stop! And it's always great seeing Grandpa Joe with his boys!



Sunday, Ethan hand delivered his Father's Day card to Daddy in bed! It was so sweet - Ethan was so excited about the card since it had a friendly lion on it and lots of colors =) Then we headed over to Ginka and Papaw's house for brunch and got treated to quite the spread. It was a pretty rainy morning so after everyone got full bellies, it was nap time! Eric and Ethan both took naps when we got home so it was a pretty quiet afternoon!


I know I didn't feel any different on Mother's Day, but I hope Eric enjoyed "his" day. There's no question he is such an amazing father to Ethan - and this is just the beginning! We've only had ten months practice of being his parents! There is certainly no one...absolutely no one...who can make Ethan laugh like daddy!! It brings me so much joy watching them together. I feel pretty lucky I get to spend every day with these two!!
Happy First Father's Day!
My two favorites!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! Your hair looks so pretty, Jamie! And funny to hear that Ethan is sleeping so long lately - so is Cora! 14 + hours a night and two long naps. We are just shocked but think it is surely a growth spurt. Must be nice, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome and reassuring comment today! You really do look amazing and I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone! xo

    ReplyDelete