Baby on Board!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

10 Months Old!

Hi Family and Friends!

I'm officially 10 months old - only two more months of these silly sticker pictures! I have definitely gone through a recent growth spurt. Not only do a look bigger, but mommy has noticed how much heavier the car seat is! I want to tell you about some of the fun things I'm doing now that I'm 10 months old:
  • I finally rolled from my back to belly! Mommy and daddy were wondering if this would ever happen and one day I surprised them when during my nap I rolled to my belly! I do it a lot now in my crib - I like to sleep on my belly...just like mommy!
  • I love to use my index finger for everything. Sometimes I'm pointing, but I mostly use it to touch things...it helps me feel textures. I love to touch Max, buttons, plants, and especially noses! I love to touch the nose of whomever is talking to me with my index finger.
  • Daddy taught me how to turn the lights on/off with the light switch! I use my index finger and flip the lights off every time I leave my room!

  • I am sooo close to waving hello and goodbye. I can wave to myself no problem! I do it all the time. Now I just need to turn my hand around so I can wave to other people!
  • I'm still not crawling, but I think by next month I will definitely be doing some sort of cruising. During tummy time, mommy puts a toy in front of me to reach out to. But after some wiggling around, I'm usually further away than I started because I've scooted backwards! When I'm sitting up, sometimes I rock back and forth so much it looks like I could take off scooting any minute! I'm also really good at standing while holding on to the couch or crib!
  • Wanna know a fun fact about me? I sleep with one arm behind my back at (almost) all times. I don't know why, but apparently it's pretty comfortable to me!
  • Want to guarantee a smile or laugh out of me? Show me a picture or video of myself and I'll crack up!! Never fails! When I watch videos of myself, I usually squeal and try and mimic the noises I'm making in the video!

  • Just within the last couple days, I've started to put syllables together and am quite the chatterbox. It sounds like this, "da-da-da-da-ba-ba-ba-ba"!
  • I sleep 13-14 hours a night with two long naps during the day (1 hr. 45 min. - 2 hours).
  • I haven't found a food I don't like! Here's what's been on my menu lately: blueberries, strawberries, sweet potato, ricotta cheese, shredded chicken, tofu (yes, tofu!), cut up hamburger, hummus, broccoli, black beans, bananas, and lots of watermelon!

We are almost halfway through the summer, can you believe it? I can't wait to spend my days splashing in the pool, being cute, learning new tricks, and being a happy, happy baby!

Love,
Ethan =)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment