Baby on Board!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Four Months Old!

Hi Family and Friends!

I turned four months old on Christmas Eve! I'm getting so big and cute (at least that's what everyone tells me)! It's really fun being four months old. I want to tell you about some of the exciting things I do now:
  • I weigh 11 lbs. 14 oz and am 24" long!
  • Drumroll please...I'm officially out of newborn diapers!! This is a big deal in my world! I wear size one diapers now and am loving all the extra room =) 
  • I'm officially out of newborn clothes too. Mommy packed up all my newborn clothes last week - she said her heart was breaking. 
  • Because I've gained so much weight, I'm down to five feedings a day. Recently, I got to drop my last feeding so I can go to bed earlier. Growing makes me tired! I now go to sleep at 9pm and don't wake up until 7-8am. Sometimes, I wake up around 6:30am, but I know it's still early for mommy so I lay quietly in my crib and talk to myself. 
  • I love to wiggle down in my crib like an inchworm during the night. Mommy lays me down to sleep and in the mornings, I've wiggled all the way down to the bottom of the crib - so much that usually Mommy can only see the top of my head on the video monitor! It makes her laugh. 
  • I'm in the early stages of holding my own bottle. Right now, I like to touch the sides and sometimes push it out of my mouth. But, then I realize I don't get any milk when I do that! 
  • I'm getting really good at grasping and holding toys. I hang on to the rings that dangle from my swing, I grab the colorful rattle, and I like to play with my books whose pages make a crinkle noise.
  • I'm starting to get really good at propping myself up on my tummy. I've always been pretty good at my head control, but now I've been working on strengthening my arms and doing a mini-pushup. I want to have to big muscles like daddy when I'm older =) 
  • Nobody makes me smile like daddy. I love mommy so much, but after spending all day with her,  it's fun to see a new face and I get really excited when daddy comes home from work! 
  • Mommy and daddy are trying to get me to laugh. They laugh and laugh and laugh to try and get me to mimic them, but I just think they look (and sound) silly! Right now, I smile and cough - which might be the first step in developing my laugh! I also love to stick my tongue out - especially at mommy when I'm happy.
 Doesn't it sound like fun being four months old? Mommy and daddy tell me I was the best thing that ever happened to them - we are so excited to spend 2013 together. So many fun things to look forward to! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment