Baby on Board!

Monday, September 24, 2012

One Month Old!

Look at me! I'm one month old! 
Can you believe I'm one month old today? I've had a great life so far - mommy and daddy are doing such a great job taking care of me. Even my kitties are warming up to the idea of me sticking around for awhile! Overall, I've been a great baby for my parents. Even though I may cry, it's just because I'm usually hungry or tired...but mostly hungry. They keep telling me how important it is that I gain weight so I can be big and strong like daddy. I've gotten pretty good at sleeping. Most nights, I like to sleep from 11pm-5am. Mommy feeds me a bottle or nurses me and then I'm back asleep until about 8:30am. Then we do the same routine over and over (and over!!) again all throughout the day! Mommy and daddy like it when I sleep for that long throughout the night. They say that is what keeps their sanity - I don't know what that means, but I know it's good =) Mommy gets up with me during the week because my daddy works - but come weekend time, daddy takes over the late night/early morning feedings.

I thought you might be interested in what I like to do during my days now that I'm four weeks old. Here are a few of my favorites:
  • I like to trick mommy and daddy after they've given me a clean diaper and blow it out. 
  • I like to squeak. In my sleep. Sometimes my squeaking turns into snoring. 
  • I like to stretch, stretch, stretch. I'm usually swaddled up most of the day so it feels soooo good when my arms and legs are freeeee! 
  • I like to smile when I'm drifting off to sleep after a full belly.
  • I like to look into my mommy and daddy's eyes - we call it facetime!
  • I like to spend time with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends - I'm always up for visitors! 
  • I like to hiccup - A LOT! And sneeze - I hope I don't have allergies like my daddy
  • I like it when my daddy sways me to sleep - and when mommy rocks me to sleep.
  • I like to sleep in my car seat still - no crib for me, I'm too little! 
  • I like to be swaddled, wrapped in a fleece blanket, and then held until I fall asleep - mommy hopes this means I will be always be a cuddlebug.

As you can see, I like a lot. Now that I'm growing and interacting more, my senses will continue to develop and slowly but surely I will show mommy and daddy a little of my personality. I can't wait to see all the fun and exciting things that await me! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment