Baby on Board!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

And So It Begins...

I guess you can say my body has officially begun to prepare itself for birth! As of Monday, I was 0 cm dilated and 20% effaced (a percentage the doctors use to show how thin my cervix is getting). Hopefully, those numbers will continue to improve every week and before you know it Baby G will be here! I had a really good week starting off with a great check-up at the doctor. Last night, Eric and I attended our "baby basics" class and learned the ins-and-outs of being first-time parents (haha)! Most of it was common sense and stuff we already knew, but we took away a couple good pointers in regards to techniques in soothing baby, how to swaddle, giving oral medication, etc. Mom and I went up to Indy on Tuesday to return all the duplicate items I received from my baby showers and to purchase the last round of stuff I needed. We are officially set and ready for little man's arrival!! (just need to pack my hospital bag)! =)

The one thing Eric and I wanted to splurge on before baby got here was a nice camera. It was one thing we could invest in that would produce great pictures of our handsome fella. We did lots of research and the camera we wanted was delivered this week. Eric has been hilarious thinking he's the next big photographer about to hit the scene. Every night, he's taking pictures of Max and Paisley trying to learn all the different settings. We are so excited about it though - definitely one of the best purchases we've ever made!

37 weeks - three more to go! Heading to the doctor on Tuesday - will keep the updates coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment