Baby on Board!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Baby Essentials!

As promised, thought I would show ya'll some of the things we registered for as we prepare for baby! Registering for a baby is so much more fun than registering for a wedding - let me tell you! I was so overwhelmed and stressed out with our wedding registry - even managed to walk away with a funny story about having a complete meltdown in the towel section! I think the difference between the two experiences is shopping for yourself vs. shopping for your sweet little baby. Knowing the little guy is going to be solely depending on Eric and I to take care of him, I wanted to pick only the best things for him. Things that would keep him safe and happy! Overall, I am thrilled with our registry...I really like everything we picked out and can't wait to put everything to good use!
Crib:
We went with the Graco Lauren Signature Convertible Crib in the French Vanilla color (aka creme). I like both the dark wood and white wood, however I wanted something cozy and warm for the nursery. This color is exactly what I was looking for. Cribs can be so expensive - so this is a great mid-range brand that doesn't compromise safety for price. As the name states, it's convertible and will convert into a toddler bed, daybed, and both a full size headboard and footboard. We also registered for the matching changing station that is featured in the picture. 

Car Seat/Stroller:
This is probably one of my favorite things on the registry - maybe because I know it's one of the things I'll use the most! We decided on the Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat - this is what baby will use till he's roughly 30 lbs (or too long to fit)! Chicco is a wonderful baby brand that emphasizes safety and convenience. I'm also happy we found a neutral color scheme - I think it's real sharp looking for our handsome little man! We registered for the matching Car Seat Carrier Stroller...all we do is simply click in the car seat and we're ready to roll! The cool thing about this stroller is the one-handed folding system - no lie, Mom and I tested this in the store and it works great....and it's extremely lightweight and will fit perfectly in our small cars =)














Bottles:
We received good advice from several people that bottles are pretty much a trial-and-error process with baby and you won't really know what works until he's here. That took some pressure off because there are so many choices! The majority of bottles we registered for come from the Tommee Tippee brand. These bottles are designed with a super-wide nipple that naturally flexes and stretches like a breast and the natural shape lets babies latch on easier. They also have an anti-colic valve that lets babies feed at their own pace with reduced risk of gas and colic. We will give it a whirl and see what he likes!

Everything Else:
My favorite thing to register for was all the cute bath stuff - I mean, is anything cuter than little hooded towels?? Eeekkk!! There were even Finding Nemo hooded towels - one of my favorite movies! =) With the burpcloths, bibs, pacifiers, crib sheets, video monitor, sleep sacks,  and swaddle wraps, I think we are as ready as we'll ever be for BABY!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment