Baby on Board!

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Final Weeks w/Baby #3!

35 Weeks
It's hard to believe we are TWO weeks away from meeting our sweet baby girl! I went back and read old blog posts when I was pregnant with Ethan and Emerson and it's the exact same feelings - emotional and excited! I really got into "baby mode" after I was in Annie's wedding at 36 weeks. I just needed to get through the wedding and our trip to Chicago before I could focus on anything baby related. That following week I hit the ground running - made a to-do list and literally knocked everything out in a matter of days. The biggest task was going through Emerson's baby clothes, separating them into sizes, and getting baby girl's closet organized. Eric put together the crib and her room finally looks complete. The only thing I "need" to do is pack a hospital bag - how long can it take to throw some stuff together right? =) I've been in FULL nesting mode the last two weeks. I hit an all time low when I was washing our shower curtains. Because that's important right??? =) I had all these mindless things I felt "had to be done" before baby came and, by golly, I got them done!


36 Weeks
37 Weeks
I haven't quite let myself think about our time winding down as a family of four. Because I know when I do it'll be instant tears. Our life is awesome right now and the kids are at such great stages - so of course it's a little nerve-wrecking thinking about adding a newborn into the mix! However, I will say this time around feels a little different because at least Ethan and Emerson have each other. Their little sister has no idea how loved she will be by these two. I feel like Ethan is going to be very proud of his continued big brother role. I can already envision him being protective of baby and telling Emerson what we can and cannot do with baby...he's a seasoned pro. Emerson - my sweet girl - she will want to be mommy's helper. She will want to be right by baby at ALL times. Touching her, kissing her, giving her a paci, making sure she has a blankie, etc. My heart is already melting thinking about the first time they come visit us at the hospital.
 
37 Weeks w/Emerson & Baby #3
I definitely hit the mental pregnancy wall last week at 37 weeks. I thought after my whirlwind weekend in Chicago, being on my feet, the baby dropping, and the movements getting so much more intense that I would at least be told I'm making some progress at my weekly appointment. But of course Dr. Stowell checked me and said there was no change from last week. Tears immediately start shooting out of my eyes as he nervously starts fumbling around trying to find tissues in the exam room. This poor man, I cannot imagine how many pregnant people he has to console...and he's not a warm and fuzzy kind of guy! He gave me a good pep talk though and it's exactly what I needed to hear. He just said the next couple weeks are going to be HARD...all the movements are just going to continue to get more intense...but that baby is right where she needs to be! I left, got more tears out in the car, and then felt so much better. One minute I'm yearning for her to be here so I can have baby snuggles on my chest - the next I'm freaking out that she's actually going to be here...like SOON! I'm going to have a NEWBORN again. The emotions are all over the map.
35 Weeks w/Emerson & Baby #3
Despite being nervous about all the change again, I can't wait to see her sweet face. To see if her little nose looks just like her brother's and sister's. To hear how much she weighs. To have lots of one-on-one time with her in the hospital. To be so proud of having another baby we get to call our own. We're totally ready whenever she is. In the meantime, it's time for Eric and I to soak up quality family time with Ethan and Emerson - which probably means treating them to lots of ice cream =)



No comments:

Post a Comment