Baby on Board!

Monday, October 6, 2014

{Three Months Old - Emerson!}

Hi Family and Friends!

I'm already three months old - how did that happen?! I think you'll be quite happy with my update this month. If you know anything about me, you know I had a pretty rocky start to life. I was always upset and unhappy and my doctor said it was because of colic. Mommy and daddy tried everything to help soothe me and make me feel better. They started giving me special drops the doctor recommended. I get five drops once a day. I also started seeing a chiropractor this week. Chiropractic care can help reduce colic behavior and I had my first visit yesterday. Dr. Houze was very nice and gentle. He held me underneath the armpits and let my legs dangle down like I was a puppet. He was stretching me out. Then he took his thumb and very gently pressed it up and down my spine to "adjust" me. He must've done something right because I pooped five times after my appointment! I've been on my very best behavior and am on a streak with all the good days I'm having. I hope it continues because I like it when I'm happy. Let me tell you about some of the things I've been up to:
  • I am officially sleeping in my own room! I sleep in the newborn sleeper that sits on top of the pack-n-play...it's so cozy. My next transition will be to the crib, but for now I am just happy to be in my pretty room that mommy decorated for me.
  • Speaking of sleep, I love it. At night, I sleep from 10pm-8am! Then I will take a morning nap (45 min to a hour), cat nap through lunch if we're running errands, long afternoon nap (2-3 hours), and then sometimes a quick early evening nap (30ish minutes).
 
  • I've discovered my hands and they taste yummy! They are in my mouth at all times and I make a really loud smacking noise when I suck on my fingers. It's not uncommon to see me sucking on four fingers at once although most times it's just two.
  • This is big news: now that I'm feeling better, I finally like my activity mat and bouncy seat! Last week was the first time in three months mommy's been able to put me down and I've played without crying! She says it's such a big help when I can sit in my seat or lay on the floor so she can get other things done. Playing is fun...who knew?
 
  • I took my first big road trip this month to Kentucky. I knew mommy and daddy were anxious about how I would travel in the car (because I don't really like the car...at all), but I was an angel. I slept almost the entire way there and back. When I was awake, I would hang out with my friend Squirt.
  • Y'all need to know Squirt. He is my very best friend...well besides mommy, daddy, Ethan, and mommy's milk. He sits right next to me and we stare into each other's eyes. He's also the funniest turtle I know.

  • Another thing I discovered this month was the ceiling fan. Wow. Who would've thought five little blades spinning around in a circle could make a girl so happy?
  • I attended my first IU football tailgate!
     
  • Mommy does such a good job getting me to fall asleep. She knows one of the things I love is the rocking chair. When Ethan takes his afternoon nap, mommy and I rock for a long time until I'm asleep.


  • I am starting to find my voice and I like to make cooing noises. I love talking to my daddy.
  • Mommy nurses me four times throughout the day and then I get a 6 oz. bottle from daddy for my last feeding.

  • I always wake up from nighttime sleep and naps with a smile.
Keep your fingers crossed that my good behavior continues! I am ready for colic to leave me alone! I'm ready to be a happy baby and make fun memories with my family. I want to thank you for all the prayers and good vibes you've sent my way the last three months...I think they are working! I can't wait to grow and learn more in the next month - I hope you'll check back and keep in touch!

 

2 comments:

  1. You’re definitely the cutest, Jamie! It’s good to hear that despite the rocky start you had, you’re still having a blast! Tenth month is a huge achievement, and I hope you’ll have more. And I’m sure it will be possible with the help of your loving parents and the treatment that your chiro is giving you.

    Derek Sparks @ Forgey Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lovely and adorable, Jamie! I'm just worried about your condition. I just hope that you are faring great these days, and that you aren't experiencing any discomfort. Having very supportive parents, such as yours, and a good chiropractor is really a blessing and a big help for your recovery. Thanks for sharing that, baby girl! I wish you all the best!

    Agnes Lawson @ Pain Relief Experts

    ReplyDelete