Baby on Board!

Friday, October 10, 2014

All About Ethan!!

Ethan's wondering why the heck the monthly updates stopped when he turned two!! =) So this post will be all about my little man. He is awesome. Every single day. How many times have we said he is just the easiest, most laidback kid? He is so much fun to be around and we absolutely love seeing him grow and develop all the time.


I wish I could bottle his voice up when he talks and just carry it with me the rest of my life. We love when he goes on and on about something and we have absolutely NO idea what he's saying. Ha ha. We totally egg him on and say, "Ethan, tell us about the airplane you saw" and he will dive into this long monologue about the airplane in the sky and how it "flew away." We try our best to restrict the paci to just car and nap/bedtime because obviously when it's not in his mouth he is a talking machine. His favorite words are still lawnmower (mo-mower), ouch, broke, and milk. He went from saying "uh-oh" a hundred times a day to now "ouch." That's his new favorite word of the week...everything is "ouch." He also likes to say house, flower, and park.

Two fun things Ethan has started doing is going to the Wonderlab (a little Children's museum here in town) and open gym at a local gymnastics place. Ethan has been to the Wonderlab with Eric and Papaw and I love hearing what he's interested in - mostly the bubbles and the water table. We've been to open gym three times and it's a blast. He likes to run on the trampoline track, jump in the foam pit, and hang from the bar. I've been meaning to snap some pictures of him doing all this so I can post it - too cute!

His weekends have been full of family and football - exactly what the Fall is all about! A couple weekends ago we headed to Bedford to spend the day with Mamaw and Papaw and watch the IU game. Ethan got to ride the lawnmower with Mamaw and he was in heaven. Last weekend, Ethan attended the IU game with Papaw and Ginka, Aunt Kristen, Uncle Jeffrey, and Jayden and Kaleb! I was smiling ear to ear when I kept getting pictures and videos on my phone of all the cousins. I can't even put into words how much Ethan adores Jayden. All he does is squeal and laugh around him...well and hit, but we're working on that =) I swear that was the best day of Ethan's life - his smiles were SO big!!

 
 
His eating habits are pretty hit or miss. We've gotten into the (potentially) bad habit of feeding him out of his highchair. While he's playing around the house or while we are out doing something, I'll feed him "on the go" and give him bites as he walks by...haha - sounds silly as I type it, but you wouldn't believe how much he'll eat for me when I do it this way! He needs to be totally distracted in order to get a good meal in him. He will whine and start throwing a fit sometimes if we try and use the highchair (or even booster seat for that matter) so it's just easier to keep feeding him while he's playing. Most days I feel like he's getting a pretty well balanced assortment of food with grains, meat, fruit, and dairy.

Here are some of my favorite things about Ethan right now:
  • He loves to draw on his art easel. I will ask him to go draw a dog and he'll scribble a line and say "woof, woof." Then I'll ask him to draw a cow and he'll make a mark and say "mooooo." He can "draw" airplanes, lawnmowers, mommy, daddy, Max, etc. and does the corresponding sound with each picture...it's hilarious. And he's sooo proud of himself too!
  • We ask him to call for our kitty, Max, and he says "Mugsyyyy."
  • Emerson has been sleeping until 8:15am so I've been able to have a little mommy and Ethan time in the morning while he's drinking his bottle. We will snuggle on the couch together while he drinks his milk and it's perfect.

  • Every noise he hears is either an airplane or lawnmower.
  • Saturday mornings is his favorite day because that's when our grass gets mowed. He literally stops whatever he's doing and runs to the door and windows to watch. Last week he even waved at the guy.
  • I love that he's so into reading right now.
  • A couple weeks ago, Eric took Ethan to a local Crossfit gym where Ethan saw guys squatting weights, raising the bar over their head, throwing it on the ground, and then everyone clapped. Now Ethan is a weightlifter and will take the vacuum attachment, squat down, press it over his head, throw it down, and clap...it's the cutest thing ever.
  • He has started to jump in his crib every time we put him down for a nap or bedtime. It's hard not to laugh, but we aren't trying to encourage the behavior. Maybe it's because Papaw and Ginka got a mini trampoline out at their house?
  •  He wants me to kiss his boo-boos because they are "ouch."
  • When he wants to be interested in Emerson, he will get right in her face and with a high pitched voice say "hiiiiiii." (guess that's what we sound like?)
    My sweet, sweet boy. He is just wonderful =)

No comments:

Post a Comment