Baby on Board!

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Latest and Greatest!

Ethan wondering where the airplane went =)
I'm taking advantage of the couple free minutes I have sans baby to write a quick blog post! Things in the Graebe household have been going really well. Emerson continues to mellow out with each passing week and she's sleeping like an absolute champ. She is consistently sleeping from 9:30/10pm until 4am, wakes up to feed, and then goes back to sleep until 7/7:30am. It really makes all the difference in the world when we get a solid six hour stretch in the beginning of our night. It makes my 4am feeding so much more enjoyable =) Last night, she officially "slept through the night" and was asleep from 9:45pm-6:45am! We are excited to see if the trend continues and I think it will - she's been a great sleeper from the start!

She is still loving the wrap I put her in after each feeding. It is the only place she feels cozy and calm. I feel bad because grandparents come to visit or friends come over to see her and she's all wrapped up and on me the entire time. But, literally that's the only thing that makes her happy and puts her to sleep! I'm still living in the "do-whatever-it-takes-to-keep-the-peace" mindset so it's just easier for me to wear her in the wrap then deal with the crying!

 
 
We continue to get out every day and do things like go to the park, the library, run a quick errand, etc. If we go to the park or library, I usually take Emerson out of her car seat and wear her in the wrap because I know she'll sleep. If we're out running errands, it's a free for all whether or not she will cooperate. Today was a major success when I made it through a quick trip to Walmart without her crying =))) I definitely celebrate the small victories! We've also started to go for walks with the double stroller...quite different then just pushing Ethan! I just had my six week checkup and am cleared for 'regular activities/exercise' even though I was doing plenty of that before my appointment =) I've been chomping at the bit to get out and be active again. It's been hard going from walking two miles every day pregnant to being (somewhat) inactive for six weeks! I want to take advantage of the rest of summer as much as possible while the warm temperatures last.
 
Bulldozers at the County Fair
 
My serious face.
Ethan is doing great. He has a dentist appointment on Thursday which I'm excited about since he has so many more teeth now. He continues to be awesome and continually shows me how great he is...sometimes I feel so bad when I go in to wake him up in the mornings or from a nap and Emerson is screaming her head off - talk about a rude awakening! He has literally been eating nothing but vanilla greek yogurt for weeks now...we're talking it's a miracle if we can get him to eat a bite or two of meat, maybe a strawberry, and veggies...forget about it! He usually does this though when he's getting a new tooth.
 
 

His absolute favorite thing to do.
That's all to report from here - nothing too exciting! I feel like we're doing really well overall and I keep saying things are going better than I had expected with two under two! Wouldn't be possible though without a great husband, an amazing toddler, and an incredible support system like we have!




No comments:

Post a Comment