Baby on Board!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Hello Third Trimester!

I'm a week behind in posting as I officially hit the seven month mark last week! Wow! Really puts things in perspective when I think we only have two more months to go. Let's see...we need to finish the nursery and think of a name - ha! People ask me all the time if we have names and I respond with, "Yep, we've got about 12 of them"! We've got plenty to choose from, but nothing is standing out at this point as a front runner. My top three and Eric's top three don't match so we've still got plenty of negotiating to do =) I honestly don't mind if this baby isn't named until the day after she's born - we've got time and I know something will come to us when the time is right. Here's a quick update:

How Far Along: 28 1/2 weeks

Size of Baby: baby weighs around 2 1/4 pounds and measures about 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels (about the size of a large eggplant)

Development: She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

How I'm Feeling: I feel great as I start my third trimester! I think it's kinda funny that I'm just now hitting my stride this late in the pregnancy. With the weather being so nice right now, I've taken full advantage of getting outside and going for walks...usually only a mile because being 7 months pregnant, pushing a stroller, and going uphill is quite the workout! =) Just my overall energy is in a good place and I'm resting/taking naps when I can. My mother-in-law got me a prenatal massage for my birthday so I'm looking forward to using that soon!

Cravings/Aversions: orange juice, mushrooms, peanut butter, and lots of ice cream and/or brownies! Haha - it's really not that much, but I certainly have 'allowed' myself to indulge in plenty of sweets.

I've got a doctor's appointment this Wednesday and I'm looking forward to a good checkup!
 
7 mo. w/Ethan - 7 mo. w/Baby #2!
 

1 comment:

  1. I am in shock how fast your pregnancy has gone!! You looked AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL when I saw on you Saturday. Just glowing!! Can't wait for more updates. These pictures are all so great!

    ReplyDelete