Baby on Board!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Six Month Stats!


Ethan had his six-month appointment on Monday and got an A+ from the doctor! Ethan grew almost two inches in the last two months and is now 25 3/4" long! He is almost completely out of his three month clothes since his little toes are poking out the bottom! Ethan is now tipping the scales at 13 lbs. 11 oz.! Little man is constantly improving and still charming all the nurses at his doctor's office. I mean, look at his picture - doesn't get much cuter!

It feels so good on my gums!





We had a nice conversation with Dr. Newby about Ethan and all the new foods he's trying. She encouraged us to feed him solids three times a day and just have FUN! We have been buying the Gerber brand and have tried all the veggies and fruits they make. I decided last week I wanted to try my hand at making my own food so I made a batch of apples and carrots. Keep in mind, Ethan loved the Gerber apples and liked the carrots (but, wasn't his favorite). Well, I fed him my batch and you would've thought I was feeding him poison!! Good grief, I know I can't cook, but c'mon! Dr. Newby suggested mixing olive oil or rice cereal in to amp up the calories. I tried the rice cereal with carrots today and that was even a worse disaster! Haha...but they say try a food ten times before deciding whether or not he likes it. We did try giving him a strawberry last week and he hated it!! We put it in this little mesh net that he can suck on and the minute he got the juice his face got all sour and he pushed it away. We also tried cutting up small pieces of banana to see if he could pick them up with his hands. He didn't quite get the idea so he would wait for us to feed him. Either way, we are having a blast with this new stage. He absolutely loves it and makes dinner time very entertaining! I'm quickly learning why parents strip their baby down to just a diaper during feedings - food everywhere!!

Ethan's been such a joy lately - we are loving the interaction we get with him every day. Now that he's sitting up, we love to get on the floor with him and watch him play with all his toys that light up and make sounds. He makes so many funny noises - he squeals, he moans, he coos, he's all smiles! Here's a video of him 'moaning'!

We are so excited for the month of March and have a lot to look forward to - a trip to Tennessee, six-month pictures, mommy and Grandpa Joe's birthday, and hopefully warmer weather!! 
Play time in the mirror!
"Play time" with Daddy!




No comments:

Post a Comment