Baby on Board!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Road To Getting Plump!

My first IU game - 11 weeks!
Ethan had another weight check this week and now weighs 8 lbs. 1 oz. He stayed on tracked gaining an ounce a day. While the doctor is pleased he's gaining weight, she pretty much said we need to be more aggressive and start implementing formula mixed in with breastmilk. He is still very underweight for his age and the formula should really help in getting him plump in the coming weeks. We definitely got the sense of urgency from our pediatrician during the appointment - but we're on the right track and we will just keep on keepin' on! I couldn't ask for a better set of doctors and nurses that see Ethan...he is getting the absolute best care possible and they've been such a huge help in guiding me in the right direction. Today was the first day we increased the number of ounces in his bottles and he seems to be handling it pretty well. I've only been spit up on a couple times =)

A little blurry, but look how cute
I am at the doctors - no wonder the
nurses love me!
Oh, so last post I mentioned that we had started putting Ethan down in his crib for naps which was exciting since he'd never laid flat before (we always held him during naps or put him in his car seat). Well, my little man is doing awesome and we have definitely established a naptime routine. After we're done feeding, Ethan gets to swing while mommy pumps, then we change his diaper, read a book, swaddle, rock for a couple minutes and he goes straight down. He'll nap for usually 45 minutes-1 hour (and by that time I have to wake him up for the next feeding). Next thing to conquer is transitioning him out of his car seat at night. Honestly, he'd probably do just fine right now if I would try it - I just need to pull the trigger!


We are going back to the doctor Monday for another weight check - we will continue to go every week until we've reached our 'goal' - which is for Ethan to be on the growth charts and to be at the weight he should be for his age. I feel like I have nothing else to write about except him eating - haha! But, that's our sole focus and we're so proud of our little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment