Baby on Board!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Carolina's First Flight!

At the end of January, Carolina and I got to take a very special weekend trip down to Atlanta for my cousin, Sarah's, wedding. I have never flown with any of my kids before so it was certainly a BIG achievement to do it for the first time. Going into it, I wasn't worried about how she would be on the flight. I knew if I had her in the wrap she would be just fine. I was more so nervous about pushing the stroller, rolling my bag, and maneuvering through the airport. Turns out the hardest part was just that: getting from my parked car, to the shuttle (while snowing), and into the actual airport. Once I was inside and could check my bag, all I had to focus on was Carolina =) Timing wise, my flights both there and back worked out perfectly - both around the noon hour which is usually when she's awake. I didn't really have to alter my feeding schedule either so it was all very smooth. The staff at Delta was extremely nice and SO helpful when it came to letting me board first, helping me with my stroller and car seat, and even assembling it for me when I reached ATL so when I stepped off the plane it was ready to go. She did great on both flights - I nursed her the majority of the time. People recommend nursing during take off and landing to help their ears with the changes in pressure - lucky for me it was a short, one-hour flight so I didn't have a lot of time to "entertain" her. Of course those sitting around me were just in love with her and laughed every time she flashed that big gummy smile.

 
 
 
I knew we would be "off schedule" as far as naps and bedtimes go all weekend with the wedding festivities. Having that said, she did AMAZING. Thank God for the wrap I wear her in - baby wearing is a life-saver! The plan was to have her sleep in a pack-n-play in my hotel room, but she wasn't having that. So she slept on my chest each night which meant decent sleep for her - not so much for me =)



It was such a beautiful weekend to spend with our family celebrating sweet Sarah! Her, Daniel, and their families hosted a wonderful wedding and we're so thankful for the memories we made. It was also extremely special for me to spend time with just Carolina. All I've wanted since she was born is "time" with her - not only because the months are flying off the calendar and moving fast, but also because I have Ethan and Emerson to take care of as well. She is only a baby for so long and this weekend really helped me soak up her precious little face.
 


 








 







 




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment