Baby on Board!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

{Twelve Months Old - Emerson!}

Hi Family and Friends!

I AM O-N-E!! And boy does it feel great! What an exciting twelve months it's been! I can't believe all that I've accomplished and how much there is to still look forward to! A lot has happened in the last month...let me catch you up:
  • I am officially drinking whole milk! Mommy says this will free up a lot of our time since we're not nursing anymore. I think whole milk has helped make me nice and round lately =)
  • I can stand all by myself! My legs have always been super strong and they help me stay sturdy. Not only do I let go of the table or whatever I'm holding on to, but I can also stand from the squatting position without holding on to anything!
  • I love walking behind my scooter. It makes me feel like I'm walking so fast! I walk as far as I can until I hit something...usually the wall or someone's feet. Then my big helper, Ethan, will come and turn the scooter around for me and I take off again. I laugh and giggle the whole time!
  • I know you're not supposed to have a favorite parent, but I make it pretty clear who mine is. When I say "dada" it's in the softest, sweetest, angelic whisper with a smile on my face. When I say "mama" it's loud, demanding, and I'm usually throwing food or trying to tell her something.
  • I am in size four diapers. That's right folks, I wear the same size diaper as my almost three year old brother.
  • Mommy taught me how to give kisses. I open my mouth, lean in, and slobber all over mommy's cheek.
  • I can follow simple instructions when people ask me to wave or clap.
  • One of my most favorite activities is wrestling with my brother. Ethan likes to make a pile of pillows on the ground and we roll around and laugh. I don't know where my silly brother learned some of his moves, but his favorite is called the "Steamroller." He literally barrel rolls starting on my tummy and then over my face. Mommy doesn't like it.

  • I have one tuft of hair that is starting to get some curl to it! Mommy really hopes my hair is as long and curly as hers when she was growing up!
  • I have no teeth.
  • A big accomplishment for me this past month was being able to crawl from room to room. I get really happy and proud of myself when mommy is changing Ethan's diaper in his room and I can crawl/crab walk all the way down the hallway and sneak up on them. I poke my head around the corner and they act surprised that I found them! =)

  • I love having anything soft around my face. I like to take blankets or stuffed animals and press it against my cheeks, hug it, and roll around on the floor with them. Playing "where's Emerson?" with the blanket is also pretty fantastic.
  • While I might've led you to believe earlier that daddy was my favorite, my mommy is pretty great too. I love to snuggle and cuddle with her. I lay my head on her shoulder while she's carrying or rocking me and I suck my two fingers. I feel safe and loved.
  • My laugh sounds like I'm crying.
  • I'm not gonna lie, my brother and I are quite a hit at the grocery with the older generations. Mommy usually gets stopped several times during our trip so people can tell us how cute (and well behaved!) we are. They talk in a funny baby voice and try to get me to wave. I always make them smile.
  • I sleep 12-13 hours a night with a 90-minute morning nap and 90-minute afternoon nap.
  • Now that I'm getting older and more mobile, I'm also having to learn the rules around the house. Mommy uses a very stern voice when I touch the outlet covers, pull up on the tv stand, and take toys from Ethan.
  • I do have good news to report: I am not allergic to eggs or peanuts! Mommy and daddy were hesitant to try these new foods with me since my brother is allergic to them. But, I am all clear =) However, I do not like eggs. I refuse to eat them...even when mommy makes them scrambled with cheese!
  • I may not like eggs, but let me tell you what I do like....oh yeah, EVERYTHING ELSE! Meat is my favorite thing to eat. Ham, turkey, chicken, sausage, hamburger, you name it. Fruits are another go-to...strawberries, watermelon, bananas, and blueberries are my favorite. I will eat anything dairy or carb related - cheese, toast, rice, yogurt, etc. Veggies are still probably my least favorite, but will eat green beans, carrots, sweet potato, and broccoli just to name a few.
Clearly, I've been a busy-busy bee this past month! Mommy and daddy are throwing me a birthday party and I'm so excited! It will be fun to have my family together and try a cupcake for the first time! Thank you for allowing me to share this past year with you - it's been fun to journal every month about the fun things I'm doing. I'm so happy you check the blog and always smile when I hear from my family and friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment