Baby on Board!

Monday, May 4, 2015

{Ten Months Old - Emerson!}

Hi Family and Friends!

Mommy says she needs time to stand still. She's having a hard time grasping the fact that I'm TEN months old! I like getting older though. Because I learn new stuff every month and am making fun memories with my family. Here's a glimpse into my life at ten months:
  • It's official: I'm on the move!!! I'm not a traditional crawler (yet) - I'm more so a scooter! I like to lunge forward with my arms, get up on one leg, and then scoot on my bottom. I can get places. Mommy will put me down in front of her and before you know it, I've made my way over to the train table and am playing with my brother. It's fun to move around.

  • I have mastered the art of pulling up. My favorite things to pull up on include my crib, the coffee table, and daddy. My new trick of pulling up meant mommy and daddy had to lower my crib to the lowest setting.
  • Who needs sleep when you can stand up in your crib? Sleeping is for babies - and I'm ten months old now =) (mommy says that is sarcasm)
  • I love to talk. I say "ba-ba-ba-ba" and "da-da-da-da" and "ahhhhhhhhhhhh."
  • I weigh 17 1/2 lbs! I've really gotten chubby since I started eating food!
  • My hair is growing. But only down the middle part of my head. Sometimes people think I have a Mohawk. I think it's fun to reach up and pull my hair - it feels funny.
  • Last month I sat in a highchair for the first time. This month, I got to ride in the front of a shopping cart for the first time. Whoa! Talk about fun. I dangle my legs and hold on to the bar while mommy pushes me around.

  • Much to mommy's dismay, I seem to be very intrigued by the TV - especially when Mickey is on. Sometimes mommy lets Ethan watch Mickey for a couple minutes so we can have peace. I like him. He has a funny voice and seems really nice.
 

  • I may be small in weight for my age, but let me tell you - food is my new best friend!! I will eat anything you put in front of me. Mommy has to make sure she has a full plate ready before she puts me in the highchair or I get very impatient and start squealing.

        
  • Here's what I've been eating lately: strawberries, blueberries, pears, bananas, watermelon, green beans, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, nutri grain bars, cheerios, bread, chicken, and ham! I have learned how to drink pouches too which helps me with my fruit and vegetable intake. I barely make a mess when I eat...that's because it all goes in my mouth! I not only use my "pincher grasp" to grab pieces one by one, but I also have a great shoveling method that works too. Sometimes I've been known to actually put my mouth on the edge of the table and just sweep it right on in!
 

  • I sleep 11-12 hours a night with a morning and afternoon nap usually lasting 90 minutes each. I am in size 3 diapers and wear 12 month clothing.
 
  • I like music. Every time I hear music of any kind, I like to wave my hand or clap.
  • It doesn't take much to make me smile. Actually, just look at me and I'll smile. I'm a happy baby.

Thanks for stopping by the blog again to visit me. I've been having so much fun getting older, playing outside, and laughing with my brother. See you next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment