Baby on Board!

Monday, March 2, 2015

{Eight Months Old - Emerson!}

Hello Family and Friends!

Wow, wasn't that a fast month? I feel like I was just telling you about me being seven months old! I've had some exciting changes lately:
  • I've gotten pretty sturdy while sitting up now. Everyone comments on what great posture I have. I like to sit on the floor and play with Ethan. I like to reach, reach, reach for toys in front of me...so much I usually topple right over and end up on my belly or back!
  • I've decided that while sitting is fun, starting to move is way better! I have a sneaky suspension that I'll be crawling here in the next couple weeks. I like to pull myself up on mommy or daddy and pretty much get up on my knees. Ethan shows me what it means to crawl. It's going to be fun learning things from him.

  • I can clap my hands! I keep my left hand closed in a fist, my right hand is open, and I tap them together. I like to clap when I hear music or when I'm happy.
  • I've also started bouncing up and down when I hear music. A lot of my toys have buttons that light up and play fun songs and I like that.


  • I can hold my own bottle! It makes me feel very big.
  • We made a huge stride in the sleeping department this past month. Mommy used to rock me for a hour (or longer!) for my afternoon nap and at bedtime. Sometimes she would put me down and I would wake right back up and cry out for her. Well, we had a little talk and we decided that it was time for me to start soothing myself back to sleep. Now, mommy rocks me for a couple minutes and puts me down when I'm sleepy. Then I can lay there, think about my day, about my amazing family, suck on my fingers, and fall asleep!

  • I am sleeping 12-13 hours a night with a good morning nap (1.5-2 hours) and good afternoon nap (1.5-2 hours).
  • Now that I'm sturdy while sitting, I said "no more baby tub!" I'm in a yellow ducky tub and taking baths is fun!!
  • I like loud noises like the vacuum, hair dryer, and blender. My eyes get really big at first and then I start laughing and kicking my legs in excitement. Ethan tells me he loves vacuums too.
  • I like to reach out and touch mommy and daddy's face when they are talking to me. Daddy has a scratchy beard and a fuzzy head. I think it's funny when I touch it. He's also the best at playing peek-a-boo.

  • I love my Uncle David. So much that I let him hold me for a long, long time and I was actually smiling and happy! (Don't say anything, but I think the rest of our family was really jealous because I cry when anyone else holds me!) I don't know what it is about Uncle Dave - maybe his bald head reminds me of daddy so I feel safe?
  • I look just like my brother.
  • I put everything in my mouth. And I drool.


  • I am really good at playing independently on the floor by myself. It really helps mommy so she can wash bottles, run into the other room, etc. She surrounds me with toys and I have a ball!
  • We went in for a weight check and I weigh 14 lbs. 13 oz. I'm little for my age even though my chubby cheeks say otherwise!

  • I finally got to meet my two best friends this month, Jameson and Julian. Our mommies are best friends so naturally we are too. They are both four months old. Aunt Jessica bought me an IU onesie so we could all take a picture together, but I decided to blow my diaper out right before our photo shoot. Such a lady =) We make a good looking trio don't we?
  • I've really found my voice. I pretty much "talk" all the time - cooing, squealing, etc. I like to squeal at my cat, Max, when he meows. I also like to talk on the changing table and when I'm playing with my toys.

As you can see, I'm changing and growing so much! My world is very exciting and I can't wait to continue to explore and learn. Thanks for reading all about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment