Baby on Board!

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

{Five Months Old - Emerson!}

Hi Family and Friends!

I'm FIVE months old now! Time is flying by so fast, my mommy is having a hard time keeping this blog updated! Don't worry though, I'm ready to tell you all about what I've been up to and show you lots of cute pictures!
  • I love my brother Ethan. Every morning when I'm sitting on the couch in my boppy pillow, he will come over and do one of four things: (1) kiss me, (2) hit me, (3) try and poke my eye out, or (4) lay a toy in my lap (usually one that is not baby approved)! I love to watch him play in the living room. I also like when mommy puts us both in the rocking chair together. Ethan thinks I'm going to "get him" because I'm always reaching out for him. It makes him laugh.
  • My big brother likes to hold me. When him and mommy wake me up from a nap, he hops into the chair and sticks his arms out. I sit in his lap, he will give me a kiss, and then be all done =)
  • I make two noises: either a high pitched squeal or a low pitched growl that comes out in a whisper (most often the latter). I'm not mad or upset when I growl...I'm actually happy and usually smiling, which is probably why mommy and daddy think it's funny!
  • My face is getting round and I'm getting some leg rolls!
  • I had my first cold of my life. I had a little cough and a running nose. It bothered me so much I started waking up at night because I wanted my mommy. She told me everyone wants their mommy when they are sick. Good thing she takes such good care of me.

  • Daddy feeds me a bottle for my last feeding of the day. It's 8 oz. (just for reference: my brother drinks 9 oz.)! I love mommy's milk! It helps me stay full so I can stay asleep throughout the night.

  • Speaking of sleep, I'm still an awesome sleeper! I've stretched out my morning naps and they typically last 2.5-3 hours. This is my most predictable nap. Then I will usually take an afternoon nap lasting the same amount of time. Mommy wraps me up at 8:30pm and puts me in my crib by 9:15pm. Until recently, I was sleeping until 8am-8:30am. But, now that I'm getting bigger (and longer) I've started to break out of my swaddle which wakes me up around 5am-6am. She's going to find another swaddle that gives me more room in hopes that I will sleep later.


  • Look at this fun comparison of my brother and I - if I had a little more hair we would look like twins!
  • I love to grab anything that's right in front of me. This includes: any drink mommy is holding, a burp cloth, daddy's phone, or any toy that's put in my lap.
  • I have a complete love affair with my toes! They are so cute. I really like it when mommy leaves my socks off so I can stare at them. Or I like when I'm getting my diaper changed and can raise them up in the air and touch them.


  • I'm finally big enough to play in my jumperoo now! This was one of Ethan's favorite toys when he was a baby. It's so much fun to bounce up and down. I think Ethan secretly wishes he could still fit in the jumperoo...he always wants to play with it when I'm jumping and he loves to dance to the music it plays.

  • I love when mommy and daddy give me kisses on the cheek.
  • I celebrated Thanksgiving in Tennessee with my family! I got to see Pa and Gigi again and also meet all my aunts, uncles, and cousins! I was such a good girl the entire trip. You can read about our trip here.



  • My mommy doesn't have to wear me in the wrap as much anymore. The wrap was the only place I was content and the only way she could get me to sleep. But, now I'm getting bigger and I like to stretch my long legs and not be so curled up. Before naps and bedtime, she will swaddle me and wrap me up like a burrito in a warm fuzzy blanket =) Then we will go rock in the rocking chair and I fall straight asleep.
  • I can roll from my belly to my back!


  • When I'm sitting on the couch or in someone's lap, I can pick toys up and put them in my mouth. That takes a lot of concentration.
My house is decorated for Christmas and I like it. I like to look at the pretty lights on the Christmas tree. I may go visit Santa this weekend. He's taking a break from his toy workshop and visiting Bloomington to take pictures with little kids like me! Thanks for reading my five month update - I can't wait to tell you what Santa brought me when you read my post next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment