Baby on Board!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Meeting Santa!

I've been a good boy so far this year! 
Ethan got to meet Santa Claus for the first time this past weekend! Eric and I took Ethan downtown so he could get his very first picture with good 'ol Saint Nick! We had him dressed in his cute "Santa's Little Helper" onesie - and I must say - Ethan was definitely the cutest baby Santa saw that day! =)

My diaper's almost as big as me!
Ethan went back to the doctor today for his weekly weight check and he finally made it to double digits!! He now weighs 10 lbs. 13 oz!! He gained 1 lb. 4 oz. in 11 days! He's doing such an amazing job! A couple weeks ago, we definitely felt a sense of urgency from the doctor that Ethan needed to gain weight quickly. Sure enough, because of her direction and Eric and I's hard work, he's gained over two pounds in three weeks alone. Is he still underweight? Yes, but certainly not to the degree he was before. I almost felt like Dr. Newby was saying we could take a breath of "relief" today. We are very excited because she said we could cut down his feedings from six a day to five. We were noticing that Ethan passes out in between his last two feedings - like, "I just want to sleep for the night" passes out. We were always having to wake him up for his last bottle at 8:30 - so now we can give him his last bottle at 7:30 and put him down a little earlier. Ethan's been sleeping about 10-10.5 hours a night so I'm anxious to see how he does going to bed earlier. Babies at this age can sleep anywhere from 10-12 hours so he may do just fine!

Best Christmas Gift!
We are gearing up for the start of a busy couple days with Christmas coming up! All the aunts, uncles, and cousins are coming into town Saturday so we can't wait to have a lot of family time! And LOTS of pictures!! We will be spending Christmas Eve day with Grandpa Joe, Christmas Eve night with Ginka, Papaw, and the aunts/uncles/cousins, and then Christmas morning with Grandma and Grandpa Graebe.

Little man turns four months on Christmas Eve so I'm sure I'll update the blog soon thereafter! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL, VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment